Chapter |16|

Thank you @bookworm_of21century for such a cute cover❤️

Not Edited

Chapter |16|

"Get up," a voice spoke but I ignored it.

It was disturbing my hazy and sleepy state which wasn't going to end well if the person didn't stop interrupting my sleep.

"Oh come on! Don't force me to take an extreme action," the voice that seemed to belong to Andrew, threatened.

I ignored it and faced the other side, snuggling into the quilt on me. I felt better than last night but still felt the need to sleep a bit more.

"Fine, then. Don't say I didn't warn you," he muttered and after a moment, there was silence again. I was about to thank the heavens above for the silence but I guess I thought too soon since right after that, I was being attacked by water balloons.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH," I shrieked as I felt the cold water seep into my clothes, making me shiver uncontrollably.

I immediately bolted up and saw Andrew and Chloe cackling like the sadist people they were. While they were busy laughing, I spotted the bucket of balloons beside them. So this was planned.

I quickly got up and immediately snatched the whole bucket of it and noticed the suspended ice cubes in the water that held the balloons. So that's why I felt like I'd been dunked into the Arctic ocean.

I smirked and quickly grabbed a few of them and with full force, threw them at the laughing pair. The moment the balloons hit them, their laughter ceased. They let out simultaneous screams.

"AAAHH. This shit is cold!"

"AAAAH It's freezing!"

Now it was time to burst out laughing. I clutched my stomach as they jumped comically, trying to pull their wet clothes away from their bodies. Once they calmed down, both of them had a mischievous glint in their eyes, which I mirrored.

Like an unspoken agreement, we nodded. "One, two, three....GO!" I yelled and immediately grabbed a handful of balloons before they could reach the bucket and ran downstairs, into the backyard.

"I am coming!" I heard Andrew yell and I hid behind a massive plant. I couldn't see the entrance but I heard footsteps.

I grinned inwardly like a maniac as I waited for Andrew to step into my line of sight, I waited for a couple of seconds before my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Shouldn't he be out by now?

I took a step forwards, from behind the plant when I felt icy cold water trickle down my back, making me emit a deafening shriek.

I turned around to see Andrew smirking. "GOTCHA!"

But as soon as he said that, a whole bucket of water with ice cubes was dumped on him from above. I watched dumbfounded for a second before bursting out into laughter at a flabbergasted and a gaping Andrew who had absolutely no idea what happened.

I looked up at the balcony to see Chloe giggling with a bucket in her hands. A moment later I noticed that she was in the arms of none other than Daniel who had a small smile on his face.

Andrew followed my gaze and let out a battle cry. "I WILL TAKE REVENGE, YOU MUGGLES!" He yelled and ran inside while my mood had dampened a bit, just like my clothes, as I remembered last night. I gritted my teeth in annoyance and stalked inside.

The whole argument that had taken place yesterday, played in my mind like a movie.

"I don't associate myself with fake people like you."