Chapter |12|

Thank you @sweetestdreams for the awesome cover. Love it!!!

Chapter |12|

I lay on my bed, staring up at the white ceiling, with numerous thoughts consuming my mind.

It was two in the morning. The movie night had ended at around twelve. Daniel didn't grace us with his presence for the movie.

I didn't mind that at all.

Chloe was upset but she didn't lose her spirit. It pained me to see both the women being upset.

They were really strong. I got to know that Chloe and Daniel's dad had left them when Daniel was ten.

Emma didn't feel too sad when she told me about it. She said that they were over it and they had moved on pretty well.

Chloe wasn't that affected because she didn't even know her father and Daniel was closer to Emma, so even he didn't say much.

I didn't know what to feel when she told me all of this. Telling this to me, she made me feel like a part of her family and I couldn't express in words as to how grateful I was because of this.

I'd never felt so much at home before.

I was kind of annoyed at Daniel's behaviour. I didn't even know why Lacey held a control over him.

I was brought out from my trail of thoughts when I heard the door of my room creak open.

My mind became highly alert.

Could it be a robber?

But why would a robber come into this room so late at night?

Nevertheless, I grabbed the nearest thing to me (which was my pillow) and sat up in my bed, eyeing the silhouette of the intruder. I held the pillow in a defence position, ready to attack if needed.

I didn't scream even though I was feeling a bit creeped out.

"Skye?"

My pillow came down. "Andrew?" I asked bewildered.

My hand went to the lamp shade on the bedside table and I switched it on.

"What the hell are you doing here? And that too this late!" I questioned him as he came towards me and sat down on my bed.

"Shhh! It's the time for the pact signing!" He whispered putting his hand against my mouth

"What kind of a pact?" I asked removing his hand, a confused frown settling on my face.

"Well, you need to sign this contract," he said revealing a bunch of papers from his jacket.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What is this?"

"Well, I guess I should've asked you first but I'll do it now." He rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish expression.

I raised an eyebrow in question as I examined the sheets of papers that had the title 'Mission: SibBff'

"What is this?"

He kept scratching his neck in a nervous manner. What did he have to be nervous about?

"Hey, Drew. Come here," I said patting the space beside me. "You know you can talk to me about anything, right?"

He seemed nervous but did comply to my request. After a few minutes of pure silence, he turned to face me abruptly.

"Will you be my best friend and...sister?" He blurted.

My eyes widened at his question as he looked embarrassed.