Chapter |29|

Another update? Say whaaaaaat?

QOTD

Chapter |29|

Chapter |29|

"So tell me more about school. How are your studies?" Gramp asked as we sat in the living room, some random show playing on the Tv.

"They're good. In fact I have enough credits to graduate too," I proudly told Gramp who smiled at me.

It had been two days since I came here and to say that these were the most peaceful days would be an understatement. For the first time after mom's death, I wasn't worried about anything.

I was a bit nervous though, since tomorrow was mom's death anniversary and I had planned to go to her cemetery to spend some time with her.

But it wasn't that kind of nervousness where you felt like you carried the whole world on your head. It was a tingly nervousness. The type you get when you anticipate doing something for the first time.

Initially I had resolved that I wouldn't break my promise of not visiting my mom, ever. But when the vulnerability had taken over, it had forced me to crush my promise.

Now since it was already broken, I was going to visit my mom and be happy with it.

"So have you applied to colleges or do you have something else in mind?" Gramp questioned, breaking me out of my line of thought.

"Actually, I have applied to one. It was the only one that offered my completion of high school along with my initiation of college studies," I replied and my stomach tickling on excitement at the thought of going away from the Devils.

"Is it in London by any chance?" Gran piped up from behind me and my eyebrows shot up.

I turned around, surprised. "How did you know?"

"Well, there was a letter that came in a week back. It said that it was from some university in London. I was confused as to who it could belong to since it said Penny Carter, but I kept it anyway, just in case," she told me and I immediately sprang up from my seat.

"What letter? Do you have it with you now?" I asked hurriedly, the tickling increasing by each passing second.

I had deliberately written down this address because I didn't want to risk having my letter get into the hands of wither Linda or Alicia but the letter wasn't supposed to come until another month.

Nerves tingled in my body as I thought about whether I'd gotten in or not. Whether I could start anew or not.

"Of course. Just give me a moment and I'll find it for you," she said and disappeared into her room.

I could barely stop my leg from shaking as I anticipated my result. Hopefully working my ass off for the special recommendations had paid off.

To keep myself from imagining scenarios, I decided to switch on my phone. I'd switched it off when I had come here so that no one could contact me.