Sisterhood - Chapter 14

Daisy's eyes were red and swollen from crying as she sat alone in her dorm room, feeling the weight of her recent disappointments bearing down on her. She had been lost in her thoughts when there was a knock on the door, causing her to startle."Come in," she called out, her voice hoarse from crying.The door swung open, and to Daisy's surprise, Becca and Fat Amy from the Bellas entered the room, wearing concerned expressions on their faces. Without a word, they crossed the room and enveloped Daisy in a warm hug, holding her tightly as she buried her face in Fat Amy's shoulder and let out a shaky breath."We heard what happened, sweetie," Becca said gently, her voice filled with sympathy. "And we want you to know that we're here for you."Daisy sniffled, feeling a surge of gratitude toward her fellow Bellas. She had always felt like she didn't quite fit in with the group, but their show of support meant more to her than they could ever know."Thanks, guys," she mumbled, her voice muffled against Fat Amy's shoulder. "I appreciate it."Becca pulled back slightly, her expression determined. "We're not going to let Aubrey get away with kicking you out like this," she declared, her eyes flashing with determination. "Fat Amy and I are going to talk to Aubrey and Chloe and convince them to let you back in. You belong with us, Daisy."Daisy's heart swelled with gratitude at Becca's words, but she couldn't shake the feeling of doubt that lingered in the back of her mind. "I don't know, Becca," she admitted, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "I don't think they'll take me back. Not after what happened."Becca shook her head firmly. "Nonsense," she said, her tone leaving no room for argument. "You're a valuable member of the Bellas, Daisy. We can't afford to lose you, especially now that we've lost two more girls today who weren't even great singers. Aubrey needs you far more than you need her."Daisy chewed on her bottom lip, considering Becca's words carefully. She thought about her mom and the promise she had made to her, about being responsible and not causing trouble. She wasn't sure if Aubrey truly needed her as much as she needed the Bellas, but she knew that she couldn't let her doubts hold her back."Okay," she said finally, her voice filled with determination. "Let's go talk to Aubrey."Becca and Fat Amy exchanged a knowing look before turning back to Daisy with matching smiles. "That's the spirit," Becca said, her voice brimming with pride. "We've got your back, Daisy. Let's go show Aubrey why she can't afford to lose you."