Heartbreak - Chapter 16

Benji's POV:I stood outside Daisy's dorm, my heart pounding in my chest. I had been worried sick all day, not hearing a single word from her since our departure earlier. Despite searching all over campus, I hadn't caught sight of her vibrant purple hair anywhere.Finally, I couldn't take the uncertainty any longer. I needed to see her, to make sure she was okay. So, I found myself standing in front of her dorm, hoping she would be there.Daisy's POV:I watched from my dorm window as Benji approached the building. My heart sank as I realized he was coming to see me. I had spent the entire day following Aubrey's instructions, changing my appearance to fit the Bellas' standards. But as I looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't recognize the person staring back at me.Panic surged through me as I realized I couldn't face Benji like this. I couldn't bear to see the disappointment in his eyes when he saw the changes I had made. So, I quickly grabbed my phone and began typing out a message:"Hey Benji, I'm sorry, but I can't see you anymore. I'm part of the Bellas again, and I need to focus on the Bellas and my classes. I can't do that as your girlfriend. I'm sorry."Tears welled up in my eyes as I hit send, knowing that I was breaking Benji's heart with my words. But I couldn't bear to see him face to face, to watch his reaction when he realized I had chosen the Bellas over him.Benji's POV:As I reached Daisy's dorm, my heart pounded with anticipation. But as I raised my hand to knock on her door, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out to see a message from Daisy, and my heart sank as I read her words.I felt like the ground had been pulled out from under me as I processed what Daisy was saying. She was breaking up with me, choosing the Bellas over our relationship. The pain was unbearable, and I struggled to hold back the tears that threatened to spill over.With a heavy heart, I turned away from Daisy's dorm, feeling utterly lost and alone. Daisy had chosen her path, and I had no choice but to accept it, no matter how much it hurt.

Daisy's POV:Tears streamed down my face as I watched Benji's figure retreat from my dorm. I felt like I was ripping my own heart out, but I knew it was for the best. The Bellas were my family, and I needed to focus on rebuilding my place within the group.But even as I tried to convince myself that I had made the right choice, guilt gnawed at me. I had hurt Benji, the sweetest person I had ever met, all for the sake of fitting in with the Bellas. Was it worth it? I wasn't sure anymore.Benji's POV:I walked away from Daisy's dorm in a daze, unable to process the whirlwind of emotions raging inside me. Part of me wanted to turn back, to beg Daisy to reconsider, but I knew it was futile. She had made her decision, and I had to respect it, no matter how much it hurt.As I wandered aimlessly through campus, I couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that consumed me. Daisy had been my everything, and now she was gone, leaving behind nothing but a void in my heart.But despite the pain, a small voice in the back of my mind urged me to stay strong. I had to focus on moving forward, on finding a way to fill the void that Daisy had left behind. It wouldn't be easy, but I knew I had to try.With a heavy sigh, I wiped away the tears that had begun to fall and forced myself to take the first steps toward healing. Daisy may have broken my heart, but I refused to let her destroy me completely.