chapter one - meeting with drivers.

Max

I sigh loudly, reluctantly getting out of bed, from which Daniel took the quilt and pillows already twenty minutes ago.

He thought that taking them would be tantamount to me getting up, after an hour of constantly setting my alarm clock and waking me up, screaming in my ear, which of course turned out to be wrong. I value sleep, and if I have a day where I can sleep until noon, that's what I do, without feeling like I'm wasting it.

"Amazing, you're up!" the boy enters the bedroom with a bucket filled with water.

I raise my eyebrows in surprise, looking once at him, once at what he wanted to douse me with. He wouldn't live to see the next day if he did this, even though he is my friend.

"What's the point in waking me up if we only have a plane in five hours?" I dodge him, walking toward the bathroom.

"Five? You slept all day! The plane is in an hour!" he brandishes the bowl in an epiphany, causing some of the water to land on the panels.

"What, then why didn't you wake me up earlier!"

Daniel indignantly opens his mouth to say something, but fails. I run into the bathroom, looking at my reflection in the mirror. My hair is disheveled, my face is slightly swollen and I have a reflection of a pillow on my right cheek. Christian won't believe me that I haven't slept, and he, along with Ricciardo, are the number one enemies of long sleep. They don't know what's good.

"Clean up that water or I'll wipe it out with you!" I shout, turning on the cold water in the sink.

I hear the boy mumble something under his breath and presumably obey my command. I wash my face, deluding myself that this will suddenly make all signs of sleep disappear. After a few minutes, when my hands are thawing from the cold and my face has long since passed hypothermia, I turn off the tap and comb my fingers through my hair, which is scattered in every direction.

"You, princess, Horner is calling you!"

I curse in my mind, quickly returning to the bedroom, passing Daniel, who is kneeling over a puddle of water, trying to wipe it off with toilet paper.

"That's what a mop is for."

"So that you wouldn't be the mop right away." he tightens his lips, getting up from the floor.

She restrains herself with all her strength not to burst out laughing as the boy walks toward the storage room, where there are things to clean and a lot of other fucks.

I pick up the phone, putting it to my ear as I walk over to the closet to grab some clothes.

"Hi, Christian!" I start, taking out a gray tracksuit set from Nike.

"Did you get up early? Like I asked you to?" he makes sure, not even saying hello.

Wonderful people I surround myself with, no question.

"Of course." I smile to make him believe my words, and after a moment I realize he doesn't see it, so I get serious right away.

"Max." he speak warningly.

"Hmm?"

"You were asleep." he doesn't even ask. He states it, and I don't know on what basis, because to me I sound very credible. I would believe myself if I were him.

"What no!"

"Daniel answered your phone two hours ago, pretending for twenty minutes that you were washing up, until he finally gave up when he apparently couldn't wake you up and told the truth." Christian seems more amused than angry, which is a good sign.