Epilogue

A few months later
Charles

"I don't know what color will fit more, to the stupid sofa, Max!" I wave my hand in the air, while in the other I hold the phone. "This is your house, start thinking for yourself, not constantly asking me. I have my classes. I had to leave an early meeting with Ferrari to talk to your builder about your house!" I say angrily.

"Since we are together then you can help me!"

"I can help, not do everything for you!"

"I know... And can you come here? Please?" he asks quietly.

"Fuck." I say, taking a deep breath. "Yes, I can." I add more quietly. "I'm sorry, baby." I feel guilty now, because I keep yelling at him, and he doesn't do anything wrong.

"You don't have to apologize, I know you're right, but come here one last time." Before I can respond, he hangs up.

I tell the Ferrari guys that I have to go now and quickly run down the stairs to the first floor. I go to the parking lot and get into the car, and after several minutes I arrive at the construction site. Max sold his house, and now he's building another one. I don't know what the point of this is, since we've lived at my place for so long, but I don't comment on it, because every conversation on the subject ends in an argument, of which there have been all too many lately. Now theoretically I'm offended, because he still hasn't apologized to me after he started tearing into me, but I don't act like a typical girl who is angry. I won't give him the satisfaction.

I get out of the car and look for the builder I'm supposed to talk to about the construction, but I don't find him anywhere, so I go inside.

"Is anyone here?" I ask, but am answered by silence. "If Max dragged me here for a joke, I'll pull his legs out." I say to myself, climbing the stairs to the floor.

Suddenly, at my favorite window, which replaces an entire wall and is overlooking all of Monaco, I see Max standing with his back to me.

"I've been annoying you for months by constantly asking you what colors I should give, what furniture and what the house should look like, but this is an important fact for me and I know that these arguments could have been avoided if I had told the truth from the beginning, but I preferred to wait." He says and turns toward me. From the keys, he begins to take out one spare for his nearly finished house. "Charlie, we've been together long enough that I'm pretty damn sure of us, and I've decided that we deserve a new chapter." He hands me the key. I look at him confused, clasping something in my hand that makes it possible to enter this house. "In the papers, it's not just me. We both own this house, because it's our home, baby. We have built a house to live in together, and together we have chosen everything that will be in it." He finishes, and I don't know what to do. I've been acting like an idiot, being angry at how he's acting, and now I suddenly find out that he built us a house. Hounds said.

"Max..." I say with tears in my eyes.

"And I'm sure enough of us, that picture you wanted to add.... We can add them, Charles. I no longer want to live the thought of what if I'm not in Formula. Now I just want to think about our future. A shared future and memories to be built in this house."

I part my lips, looking at him in shock. I recently wanted to add a photo of us together on Instagram, where we are standing hugged on a yacht, but Max did not agree.

"And I apologize for my behavior lately." He adds, and I start crying, hugging him.

With a smile on his lips, he hugs me close, stroking my back with his hand. We stand like this in silence, because I don't know what to say. He has done so much for me since we reconciled, and today he outdid himself.

"I love you, Max. Thank you for everything." I say quietly, smiling broadly, abiding in his embrace.

Suddenly Max's dad enters the house with two bottles of champagne, followed by our friends.

"Let's drink!" shouts Daniel, and everyone starts laughing. Snuggled against Max's side, I look at them all and know that I chose well.

We chose love over driving, and today we are starting a better life together, no longer afraid of anything. So pictures appeared on our Instagrams, and the curtain that hid our feelings for each other was lifted from our lives.

____
Hey!

This is the end of my first book. It wasn't perfect, there were a lot of mistakes, incompatible chapters, but nevertheless, I'm glad you read it and I hope you enjoyed it at least a little!

On my profile there is already a prologue to the second book, which is not related to this one in any way! Chapters won't appear every day like here, so I'll keep you posted via tiktok and messages on my wattpad profile.

See you around! ~ mv116cl <3