Chapter thirty-six - problems with a "boyfriend"

Charles

I was sitting on the couch, and Max was lying with his head in my lap and his eyes closed. I wanted us to go to the bedroom, but he insisted that we stay here so I could watch and eat popcorn. I managed to find a vase for so many flowers and now its in the bedroom. Every time I look at them, I want to jump, like a little child from happiness.

I watch the movies, combing his hair, he looks adorable, holding my index finger, and our hands lie next to his face. Suddenly someone knocks on the door, and this makes me realize that Max is more tired than I thought. He doesn't even open his eyes, just curves his face displeased and waits for me to shake him off.

"Open!" I shout, glancing at the boy, who smiles contentedly without changing his position. "Pierre?" I ask surprised as he enters the living room.

Right after him, Lando, Carlos and Daniel enter. Everyone is holding presents, and Lando is carrying a cake with lit candles. I look at them in shock, and Max opens his eyes reluctantly, also surprised by what he sees. They quietly sing a hundred years, remembering my words when I spoke to Pierre that Max needs silence now. I smile broadly as Norris stands in front of me so that I can blow out the candles without getting up. I do so, after thinking of a wish, which is the most pathetic wish in the world. I just want Max and Pierre to always be in my life.

"I don't want alcohol and..."

"Come on, Charles." I am interrupted by Daniel, sitting down in the chair. "We don't want to drink. We came to sit with you and spend your birthday with you. In peace and quiet, just like you said you would spend it." He smiles broadly and glances at Max, who is looking at him.

"It's Daniel's idea." Pierre adds, sitting down in the other chair.

"Thank you." my boyfriend says to his friend, who smiles widely at the word.

We spend the next few hours eating cake and watching movies. We comment quietly on everything the main characters do, and Max finally falls asleep after his second dose of medication. Since he laid down, his condition has improved considerably, which makes me damn happy. And I'm even more happy for our friends. I love them. What they did for me today only makes me more confident in these friendships.

***

Max

I open my eyes reluctantly when I smell pancakes. And I'm not wrong, because Charles is standing over me with breakfast. Pancakes poured with sauce, and there is already juice and pills on the cabinet. I feel better than I did yesterday, and although I continue to reproach myself for the fact that because of me Charles' birthday didn't end the way it should have, I don't show it so that the boy doesn't want to kill me. Instead, I take the plate from him with a smile.

"Thank you." I say in a voice hoarse from the morning and glance at my boyfriend, who sits down next to me and leans his head against my shoulder. "What's up?"

"Are you feeling better?" he asks with concern.

"Yes."

I didn't think he could be so caring. Ever since he found out what's wrong with me, he hasn't left my side. It's cute because he's worried and annoying because I feel like I'm handicapped, but I'd rather he be like that than like he doesn't give a damn.

"I tried to make them good, but I don't know if it worked out." he says sincerely.

"They're good." I smile and turn my head in his direction, kissing him on the forehead. "What are we doing today?" I ask, having had enough of lying in bed all the time.

"We're resting." He hugs me with a smile.

"No, let's get out of the house." I mumble displeased, at which he moves closer and places several kisses on my neck. "Charles, please let's at least go for a walk." I sigh resignedly.