1. Rejection

I have decided to release the first chapter early, offering you all a glimpse into the story.

Vote and comment for next update. The more votes we receive, the sooner the next chapter will be released.

---------------------------------

Vaidehi

"Ma, where are the pair of jhumka I bought a few days back? I'm getting late," I complained, rifling through the mess in my room and checking every drawer.

"Vahi hoga.." (They must be there...)

"Nahi hai Ma.. dekh liya maine.." (No, they're not, Ma... I've checked...)

She entered my room, scolding us all, and ran her hand beneath the rack, finding the missing jhumka. They must have fallen there.

"Aankhe hongi tabhi to milega, samne hi tha. Mai sab kuch sambhal ke rakhti hu, kuch milta hi nhi h tumhe."  she scolded before leaving the room. I didn't have time for this; I was already running late.

(If you had eyes then only you can find, they were right in front of you. I keep everything organized, but you can never find anything.)

Aap rakhogi to aapko hi milega na. 

(If you have kept it, then only you can find it na)

I quickly put on the jhumka, combing my hair in a rush. It wasn't a big deal; just a casual outing with Avika and Samaira for coffee. So, I opted for white Anarkali set.

 I just loves getting ready. It is something I could do as a job, but unfortunately, no one's offering me that position.

Hayee nazar na lag jaaye mujhe kisi manhus ki

(May god protect me from evil eyes)

"Where are you going?" My father's gaze caught me as I descended downstairs

"Voh..bapu.."

"What?" He prompted, tapping his knees.

"Actually, Avika, Samaira, and I are going for coffee," I replied, keeping my tone low, hoping for his approval.

"I'll let you go, but don't make this a habit and be back before 4 PM."

4 PM? But isn'it 1 already? 

"Ji" I gulped and made my way out quietly, but not before catching my mother's muttered words.

"She's been spending too much time with that fatherless girl. That Khurana couldn't care less about his daughter. Atleast, you should keep an eye on yours"my mother whispered, her words cutting through the air like a sharp knife. 

I know she was talking about Samaira but she don't have any right to talk about her in this way. Had there been any level below the ground then my parents are there, they are still living in 500 Bc. And Sam is someone who is way to modern for them, well she is my senior but still we are good friends.