9. Rose and Lavender

Play Chaav laga

Sankaar

Now, I have two women to despise in my life.

First - My past.

Second - My present.

My disdain for the past is justified, but there's no such justification for my present. It's simply that I wish to avoid her if possible. I could turn a blind eye, if it were effective.

I've tried all this before, even fell in love. I poured my heart out, only to be met with betrayal in return.

I'm wary of repeating history. I was a fool once, but not anymore. I've learned from my mistakes. I'm not that guy anymore.

Sometimes I wish I could rip apart my heart if it could remove all emotions from me. I don't even want this numbness in me. I want to feel nothing, not even my heartbeat. Even that sound irritates me.

I knew I was rude with her but I am what I am. I can't be salt hiding in sugar. It's better she gets to know how I am. It's not like I have to impress her so I should act differently.

With these thoughts of mine, I opened the door and stepped inside the room. The room which felt different now, as if someone changed it overnight. The signs of my last night's actions were still there, but it didn't look as dark now. And I could smell rose and lavender.

It's like an intoxicating smell. It's something addictive.

My sight fell on the angel draped in red. Gorgeous isn't even close to her. Even though she wasn't wearing a single piece of diamond or gold, she looked ethereal, elegant, and breathtaking.

Red was her colour.

Damn! Can I breath?

Come to your senses, Sanskaar. Didn't you say you wanted to avoid her? You never wanted to marry.

Yes! I hate her and I still do.

But the sight in front of me is making me blind already.

"Uh... I... uh... sh... I entered..argh..you..me..oh no..I didn't mean...you..shit..." I stammered at the sight.

Close your eyes and stop being an asshole. Where are your manners?

Shit!

And I quickly walked out, realizing my mistake.

Don't forget she's the woman who made you wait for 45 damn minutes! Yes, yes, I remember.

Controlling my tumultuous emotions, I entered when she was ready. She wore the same red saree, a delicate bindi adorning her forehead, a few stray locks of hair tucked behind her ears, bangles dancing gracefully on her fair hands, and anklets keeping pace with her every step.

She looked like a goddess, gracing me with her presence.

he looked like a goddess, gracing me with her presence.

She wasn't just beautiful. She elevated the very essence of beauty itself. I need a new dictionary just to describe her radiance.

But when I looked into her eyes, they showed no emotions. That's the only way I can describe it.

Her eyes didn't align with the atmosphere. They seemed fractured, desiccated, as though burnt to ash.

What happened to her? I didn't said that much last night, neither few hours ago.

Didn't you call her an animal? Yet, I said it for her own benefit. How will she navigate this world if she merely nods along to everything?

After delivering my entire lecture, I descended the stairs, but I could sense her gaze lingering, even though she was behind me.