2. Disclosure

Vaidehi

"Vaidehi, Vaidehi... where did you go now?"

I heard my mother calling me, and quickly opened the door, walking towards her. Trying my best to hide my excitement. But what about my heart which was pounding against my rib cage?

"Go and bring some milk."

My smile grew much wider upon hearing this, but I controlled myself. What more do you need when your own mother gives you a reason for an excuse? I can go out easily now.

"Arey, Ma.. send someone else na," I tried giving an excuse, just to show I am not so desperate to go out. While my heart is shouting out - Get out you fool, he might be waiting. Don't give excuses when you yourself don't want to.

"Okay then." She turned away, and I slapped myself *twice*, but mentally.

Arey main to mazak kar rhi thi, itni jaldi kaise maan gyi aaj?

(I was joking only, how did she agreed this easily?)

"N-no, no.. leave it, I will go, or else you will keep taunting me the whole day." I pinched myself to hide the smile which was trying to curve my lips.

Hide your wide grin, Vaidehi, or be prepared to die today.

I almost bounded out of the house, my heart racing with anticipation and excitement, paying little heed to the sharp words my mother had thrown my way. He was already waiting for me near the tranquil pond, our designated meeting spot, where the sunlight danced on the water's surface, creating a mesmerizing spectacle.

"Did I make you wait too long?" I asked, my voice betraying my nerves as I approached him.

"You're always worth the wait," he replied with a charming smirk, his eyes sparkling with warmth and affection. A rush of color flooded my cheeks, and I couldn't help but turn away shyly, my heart fluttering with joy at his words.

With my heart pounding in my chest and butterflies fluttering in my stomach, I finally found the courage to confess my deepest feelings to Shlok. 

"Shlok, I love you, not just love, I am madly in love with you. My day starts with you and ends on you, your name is the only word which feels pure. I never realized how much I am in love with you."

As I uttered those three powerful words, I felt a rush of emotion surging through me, threatening to overwhelm my senses.

With trembling arms, I wrapped myself tightly around him, seeking solace and reassurance in his embrace. His touch was like a soothing balm against the turmoil of my emotions, grounding me in the present moment and filling me with a sense of calm.

And then, as if in response to my silent plea, I felt his warm hands encircle me, drawing me closer to him with a tenderness that took my breath away. In that fleeting instant, all the worries and uncertainties that had plagued my mind melted away, leaving only the overwhelming certainty of my love for him.

"I love you too , Vaidehi."

And when he finally spoke those precious words in return, a wave of pure bliss washed over me, engulfing me in a sea of happiness and contentment. In that perfect moment, surrounded by the tranquil beauty of our surroundings, I knew that I was exactly where I was meant to be – in his arms, with his love lighting up my world.

"Shlok ek baar to mil lo Bapu se" " I pleaded, gripping his hands tightly as we both watched the sunset together. This is our favourite place and chances of getting caught is less here. Both our fathers are popular figures and we can't risk getting caught.