Proverbs 18: 22

Proverbs 18:22 says that a man who finds a wife finds good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

Ladies it is not our jobs to find husbands! If you're like me and you're at that point in your life where you want to get married and you want all these things to happen. But nothing is happening and your like, "God, where is my husband? I ain't asking you to move a mountain I just want my godly husband."

Honey, I've been there and most women in faith have been there too. You might be telling God that you're ready for a husband and okay, let's say that you are ready, but have you stopped and considered that maybe your future husband isn't? Perhaps he's still lost and hasn't come to know God yet? Perhaps he's in a relationship with someone else and he hasn't discovered that person isn't meant for him? Or even God might still be using him to fulfill a godly purpose.

But even shifting the attention back onto you; just because you think you might be ready does not mean that you truly are. God knows us better than even we do and if you haven't met your future husband than there is a reason for it.

For me personally I understand DEEPLY the longing to have a husband, I truly do. However, I am honest with myself, and I know deep down I'm not ready for him. There are so many things that I need to figure out on my own with God before I throw a husband into the mix. I want to grow as a person and become someone I'm proud of before I can even imagine meeting my future husband. But I also understand that I am NOT in-control of when I meet my husband. I could meet him today, tomorrow, next week, six months from now, or even twenty-years from now. I know the waiting sucks and I know the pain of watching everyone around you get into relationships or get married, you'll day will come you just have to wait on the Lord.

Rushing into a relationship with someone you sought out isn't always going to end well. Take it from someone who has loved twice and has only gained two heart breaks in return. It's important to wait on God and allow Him to lead your husband to you and not the other way around.

It's the man's job to find wives, not our job to find men.

For this week I strongly challenge you to not seek out men. You don't need their attention, you have God. I challenge you to pray to God about your future husband. Pray for his mind, soul, and heart. Pray for him to have a good day, week, month, or even year. Pray for God to lead him. Pray for your future relationship and marriage. Pray for him to have a kind heart and giving spirit. Pray for him. 

Also let me know how last week's Bible verse affected you and how you used the verse Proverbs 31:30 to change even the smallest part of your life:)