Chapter 12

CatNap sighed as he looked as DogDay walk off. He was so energetic and happy all the time. Why can't he be like that..? He looked back at himself and looked behind him to the right. "It's only for a bit.." he said to himself. He started walking, letting his tail drag along the floor. Today is a busy day.. and it just got started. Just a few more hours of the day and he can finally go back to sleep..

CatNap was always an interested cat, he never wants to be part of it. But he definitely listens close to it.. he always had a fascination with almost everything. Especially, reading. Reading is calm to him, he loved to read about almost anything. If he wasn't sleeping, he would mostly read. It wasn't as complicated as math or as simple as gym class. It was, different, like him. CatNap brushed his tail across the drying up paintings on the wall. He felt closer and closer to where his destination was. It was, like seeing an old friend, he was somewhat excited but scared. For one, everyone says he is scary, dangerous, and all these bad things. But, he's never seen him, It was a new experience! He was still nervous of course. CatNap thought to himself, he now knows what he looks like, based on that statue of him. He looks really friendly. If you don't count the razor sharp teeth haha.. CatNap swirled his tail up and looked at the door. He was at Boxy Boo's door. It wasn't colorful or special like Mommy's door. Just a regular old door, it was slowly breaking apart, scratches all over it and bite marks. His smile slowly turned into a frown when he saw this, all the good things he thought about this toy were thrown out the window. If that wasn't bad enough, there were small stained blood splatters on the tiled floor around it, CatNap placed his hand on his face and started getting annoyed. "Okay okay. They expect me to go down there?! There's no way I-I-I just can't like come o-" CatNap stopped, he heard the small little growls, they were like whimpers at the same time. CatNap looked back at the door, he looked around and slowly placed his hand on the door knob, he quickly opened the door and closed it behind him quickly. The dark overtook all of his body, all that was shown of him was his white little eyes, they shined as he slowly looked into the pitch darkness. It was quiet, the sound of the growls stopped. The sounds of water dripping from leaking pipes, the small mouse squeaks roaming around. It was calm at first making CatNaps heart beat slow down a bit. Then the growls of words can be heard. "Who's there.. what do you want from me.." CatNap widened his eyes when he found out someone was talking. "H-H-HEY! Who's there!" The noise of pushed boxes can be heard, like they're tryna hide. "N-N-NOBODY! LEAVE ME ALONE!" the voice yelled out as it let out small scratches and roars. CatNap quickly went down the small step, "w-wait! I don't mean no harm, Boxy!" Boxy immediately got nervous and quickly ran to the far corner, looking around to see who was there. "H-h-how do you know my name?! Did the others tell you?!" CatNap quickly stopped his walk towards the voice. Boxy was definitely nervous and he could sense it. "I.. yes, yes they told me. Wh-where are you.." Boxy's voice gets quite nervous. "Wh-why do you wanna know where I'm at.. are you, ARE YOU TRYNA KILL ME?!" CatNap screamed back with a slight chuckle. "No no no, not at all! I just.. wanted to leave you something to eat.." Boxy's voice slowly worried less. He slowly placed his hands to the floor and sighed as he slowly played his jack-in-the-box toon. "...May I ask. What is your name, Kind one..?" He quickly answered. "C-Ca-CatNap.." Boxy widened his eyes, he knows him! "I-is that really you, I mean. The REAL CatNap?!" CatNap was suddenly confused, how does this guy know so much about him. It was actually like what he thought earlier, it was like visiting a old friends home.. "y-y-yea..? How " Something slowly rolls around in the dark, "CatNap... Come here for a moment." CatNap listened closely as his ears perked up. He walked towards the sounds of his voice, getting quieter and quieter. The crunches of paper can be heard as CatNap takes steps. "..may you sit down for a moment." CatNap did what was said, he slowly sat down on the floor. His heart was beating fast not knowing what was going to happen. "Now don't be afraid.. I won't hurt you, I just want to know if it's really you." CatNap slowly leaned his head at something, he saw a glimpse of red fur, and just as he was gonna look closer, he was quickly carried by springy arms. CatNap immediately panicked and started squirming around, "H-HEY?! LET GO OF ME!" Boxy Boo slowly placed him onto his lap and tightened the arms a bit. "Don't worry! I won't hurt you like I said... I just-" CatNaps heart started pounding faster and faster. "H-hey.." Boxy said with concern in his voice. "I-its alright.." he said as he slowly petted his purple furry forehead, it slowly calmed down CatNaps worries into small purrs. "...the dark really makes this more scary. Doesn't it..?" CatNap agreed. "Yea." "...would you like to know what I look like..?" Boxy Boo questioned as he slowly gave CatNap a flashlight. "A-are you sure your not gonna eat me-" Boxy Boo laughed. "Oh.. I wouldn't hurt a fly. How could I kill my Best friend." "B-best friend..? What do you mean best friend- I don't even know you!?" CatNap shivered a bit as he quickly turned on the flashlight and facing it to Boxys face, he had a big grin with huge sharp teeth. And big beady eyes that stare at him. CatNap quickly lowered his ears and started panicking once again, he quickly got off Boxys arms and screamed. "AHH!" He quickly got up and quickly ran, but it was to late, Boxy grabbed onto him and pulled him in. "sl-slow down! I won't hurt you! ..." CatNap looked at his eyes as his hands shaked with the flashlight on his hands. "Calm down..." It was hard for CatNap to even calm down, this huge scary looking monster in the dark, Boxy Boo, just sitting here. Alone... "WHA-WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!" Boxy gave a smile revealing all his teeth. "Hey. Hey.." he assured CatNap was alright. "I.. I just wanted to know if it really was you." CatNap looked around the dark and back at Boxy. "Wh-what? What do you mean.." boxy Boo stopped and looked down, "what do you mean if it really was me- why are you here in the dark. Alone..?" Boxy Boo slowly got up and walked towards a box, CatNap stood back up and looked at what he was doing. He pulled a box out a shelf and started digging into it, CatNap raised his ears up wondering what he is doing. He finally found it, a picture. He quickly walked up to CatNap and gave it to him... "Do, do you remember this...?" CatNap looked at the picture and tilted his head, he slowly realized what this was...

He was shocked...