Chapter 17

Part 2...

.

CatNap quickly ran to the Councilors Office building, or what he liked to call it, 'Court'. Now why you may ask? He actually has no idea why he likes to call it that way but it felt necessary, plus it was fitting. As CatNap almost tripped off by the crookit spot of the stone walkways, he quickly stood up straight almost hitting his head on the floor, he adjusted his backpack and sighed in relief that he didn't crack his skull open for something ridiculous, he made his way up the big steep steps in a more calmer, slower pace instead of running trying to not make the same mistake. He made it up the steep steps and stood in front of Player, he tilted his head up slowly looking at his eyes. Player always had this gentle, calm look that made him feel safe and comforting, just don't get to his bad side or he might just be really rude. As long as Player didn't sleep on the wrong side of the bed, he wouldn't be in a grumpy, bossy mood, luckily he slept right today. He still wondered how Player managed to be almost the exact same young man he was 13 years ago... The trauma he must have had from him escaping 'The Hour of Joy' must have been so terrifying and traumatizing. Player spoke as he tilted his head, letting his earings dangle off gently, "There's Experiment 1188!" Player chuckled with a big ol smile on him, CatNap laughed awkwardly as he was referred to as "Experiment 1188", "it's so nice to see you today!" Player continued with his hands wide open like a hug "don't be shy little kitten! Let's go inside and have your daily check up shall we, ya know? I have something important to chat with you today." Player said as he walked off into the building putting his hands behind his back with a small smirk, CatNap nodded following along so he wouldn't lose track of him, Player opens the door for the two and closed it, looking down at the small purple cat as they walked down the long hallways of office doors. "So, CatNap, how have you've been?" Player looked at his clipboard he had on his hand and started writing something. "O-oh." CatNap said as he perked one of his ears up, "well.. I've been alright this week. Felt kinda slow..." Player checked off something and payed attention to CatNap, "why yes, it does feel a bit slow this week. But, we can make the best out of it!" He checked off one more box and tooked a turn down the hall, "anything happened this week? Anything interesting you would like me to know or hear about?" CatNap opened his mouth but closed it shut, CatNap was a bit hesitant for a bit, he looked down at the floor as the sounds of the ceiling lights buzzing took over. CatNap sighed and looked up at Player, "well, something interesting did happen this week." Player raised an eyebrow as he had a bit of concern on his face. "Oh! Well, would you like to talk about it..?" "..." CatNap held his tail gripping on it and nodded, "Yea, I talked to someone this time, DogDay."

Player's eyes of concern turned into joy, he sighed in relief and started writing on his clipboard. "Oh that's good CatNap! You finally communicated with one of your other friend's, I never knew this day would come!" Player said as they both started walking slowly, "I-i.. he was to kind.. why did he suddenly talk to me, instead of his other friends!? Is that just me or am I just that quiet and to myself!?" "We-well.. maybe he just finally noticed you've always been to yourself for these past weeks. Maybe he just wanted to give you a bit of company... You do after all stay at the same tree everyday, all day, all morning until it's night." CatNap gave a worried look like if he was insane that he finally talked to the other smiling critters, "B-BUT! H-HE WAS-" CatNap tooked a deep breath and sighed, "I'm just not used to that kind of stuff Player, you know that." CatNap puffed up his cheeks and gave a grumpy look and crossed his arms together. "I-I know how ruff it can be to learn and well, get comfortable to it. I mean.." Player said as he fixed up his shirt collar, "It was rough for me to well.. move in here and get comfortable with a bunch of 13 feet tall toys ya know! I-I mean.." Player laughed as he fluttered his cheeks a bit, "I-i am after all getting... 'comfortable' with Huggy.." CatNap looked back at him slowly with a confused look. "Wh-what does that mean..?" Player stopped his little daydream and cleared up his throat, "s-sorry. Just.. yea. Just a little sleepy-" CatNap shooked his head, that was definitely not the reason, CatNap continued the conversation. "B-but I think I get you... I can understand that I have to get at least comfortable with it. I'm just... More to myself." Player smiled softly as he finally wrote his last thing on the clipboard, "oh.. you little thing.. it's alri-" as CatNap heard Players words he saw something on the wall that immediately made him stop at his steps. Player's words just floated away from CatNaps hearing, "...wh-whats that..?" Player stopped his words and looked at the wall CatNap was staring at. It was the 'Teacher's of the school'... There were many faces of teachers, but the most eye-catching one was Ms Delight. She was in the middle of all the other shattered framed pictures, her picture frame was being dusted, wiped, even taped on so it wouldn't fall apart. While the others dangled off, even some on the floor. CatNap slowly walked up to it as he slowly placed a finger on Ms Delight's frame. Her description said, 'Ms Delight! The health class teacher, teacher of the month!'. CatNap slowly tooked off his finger as he looked at the many, many others.. there were 7 more teachers, her sisters. They all had different styles to represent there class, Miss Delight is simple like a picnic date outfit, her apple representing, well, food. There was even science, math, reading, music, history.. and a few others. "...are these.. the, the sisters..?" Player looked back down at CatNap as he noticed the cat staring at him with worried eyes... "...why yes that's Miss Delight's younger sisters." Player walked next to CatNap and looked at the frames of her sisters, Miss Honey, the music teacher. " ... She would always take care of her sisters, would talk and eat with them at theit lunch breaks, even walk into the middle of class just to meet them!" CatNap felt his heart ache, he didn't understand what actually happened to her sisters but, why..? "...but then. Miss Delight felt something, she wasn't the same. Especially during 'The Hour of Joy'..." CatNap widened his eyes in fear as he slowly remembered what happened, his paws started to sweat as his body trembled from what he had done to his teachers... "I remember when they tooked care of you guys..."