Chapter 17- Truths revealed

{DO I HEAR ANOTHER CHAPTER WITHIN A WEEK?!}

(Rimuru POV)

The friendly expression on Sir Nighteye's face was replaced with a stern one as he glared at me once again.

Rimuru: "The real reason you say?"

Nighteye: "I saw you in person during the sports festival. I was highly impressed by your power. It's not everyday you see a person so overwhelming that they might even be stronger than the number one hero of their time. Not to mention your background.....
It's empty. There is no evidence of you existing in this world prior to the sludge villain incident."

Rimuru: "Hm? I am sure you've read my file though, it has my background given quite clearly. I was raised in Shibuya as an orphan."

Nighteye: "That is true but there are some loopholes in it. Sure your files have your supposed background mentioned but anybody with investigative skills can see that it's clearly made up."

Rimuru: "But that's only a baseless suspicion isn't it?"

Nighteye: "You might think, but from the intel I've gathered, you have in fact never lived there."

Rimuru: "I could have been a shut-in." I said while looking away.

Nighteye: "Well I suppose that's true. You have the documents for the orphanage you lived in as well."

Rimuru: "Then-"

Nighteye: "That's why I used something which is only accessible to me."

Rimuru: "Only accessible to you?.......Oh I see, it's your quirk isn't it? I've heard about it. A quirk which can see the future of someone."

Nighteye: "Let's just say that it allows me to glimpse into the past well. Although not a lot. Max I can see is 1-2 months."

Rimuru: "So what did you see?"

Nighteye: ".....nothing."

Rimuru: "Hm?"

Nighteye: "Let me explain how my quirk works. After glancing at a person, I can see their future like cartridges of a movie. The moment the the cartridge ends, that means the person dies. Or atleast that's what I thought until I used foresight on you....It was as if you were already dead the moment I used the quirk."

Rimuru: "......"

Nighteye: "Fascinating isn't it? I panicked at the time but was shocked to see you unaffected and continue your matches at the festival. An anomaly whose future couldn't be read or perhaps.....an entity whose not bound by the concept of time. That's the true identity of Rimuru Tempest."

I was speechless. Ciel remained silent while I thought about what he just said. But to his surprise my mouth unconsciously curled into a smile.

Rimuru: "Pfthh......Ahaha hah.......AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

BRILLIANT! I knew I made the right choice in choosing this agency!"

Nighteye: "So it seems."

Rimuru: "I knew that somebody would find out sooner or later but the way you found out was truly impressive. Well you're pretty much spot-on about most things. Although some of the details are missing."

Nighteye: "I was hoping that you'd help me find the missing details Miss Anomaly."

Rimuru: "Rimuru is fine. Now what I'm gonna tell you is strictly confidential information. You're free to leak it if you want but....I won't be able to guarantee the lives of the person hearing the information."

As I said that, a noise cancelling barrier was secretly set-up preventing any kind of interference from the outside world.

Rimuru : "Good Job Ciel."