Two | Treasure

Day one at school

Mary came with Mxolisi in the school. They waited in the office, waiting for the principal. "This school is soo big aunt I've never seen a big school like this aunt," Mxolisi complimenting the school. Mary smiled at him and the principal came.

"Miss Simelane good morning, I see our new star is ready today and if you don't mind I can take the boy to class," said the principal.

"I'll see you afterschool then have a good day," Mary wished for Mxolisi. "Thanks," Mxolisi appreciated. The principal and Mxolisi walked, they were chatting. Mxolisi wanted to go to the toilet when he arrived, he saw a boy pooping and the boy didn't close the door.

The boy yelled in Zulu, "what are you looking at!?" Mxolisi couldn't do what he came for and continued his walk with the principal. When they entered the class, every girl screamed for him and he was shocked. The principal was angry, "what are you all doing? Don't you have respect for me and yourself!?"

The learners went silence. "Well don't do that again, this is..." Mxolisi interrupted the principal, "Can I introduce myself sir?"

The principal responded, "then go ahead."

[Mxolisi cleared throat]" My name is Mxolisi Zulu, I'm from Kwa-Zulu Natal and I'm a real Zulu. What I'm trying to say is that when a girl screams for a boy that means that girl doesn't respect herself."

[Learners murmured]]

Mxolisi continued talking, "I didn't mean to insult them but girls are men's treasure and if that treasure just jump into us, without searching it and struggling for it, that means it doesn't see it worth." The principal was surprised by this young man's speech.

[learners clapped hands]

Mxolisi took a seat. "That was amazing, I'm surprised. There's a teacher outside please behave yourself," the principal complimenting Mxolisi. The principal left the class and the boy from the toilet is in the same class with Mxolisi. Mxolisi saw the boy and the teacher came in.

During first break

Mxolisi was a bit shy, so he decided to stay in the class where he was alone and a boy came. "Hey, why are you here sitting alone?" The boy asked.

Mxolisi replied, "I'm new so do you expect me to be free an..." the boy interrupted him, "if you continue sitting here then how will you know people around? I'm Zweli." Zweli sat next to Mxolisi and he was very energetic. "I'm..." Zweli interrupted him again, "I know who you are and that was a great speech man. Now that we know each other why don't we go to the market and go watch netball."

"Netball? Mxolisi asked. Zweli nod his head agreeing.

"Why netball?" Mxolisi asked. Zweli responded, "don't you want to check out beautiful girls?" Mxolisi nod his head disagreeing with him. Zweli stood up and said, "ok then let's go to the market then we'll see what to do next."

Mxolisi remembered that Mary didn't give him lunch money. "I don't have money," he responded.

[Zweli sighed]

"Let's go I'll buy you something."

Mxolisi and Zweli went to the market. Amanda, Aaliyah and Thando were three best friends, always together but they did not have the same mind set as friends. Amanda was a girl who wanted to be in love and she was always against Thando because Thando got the better attention than her. Aaliyah did not care about nothing, the only thing that mattered was her boyfriend Vusumuzi. They were in the netball court, practicing.

Amanda asked, "what do you all think about the new boy?" Aaliyah looked at Amanda with surprised eyes. Thando wasn't paying attention to what Amanda was asking. "What do you mean?" Aaliyah asked.