Three | Zulu

Mxolisi's uniform was wet and he didn't know what to wear. He didn't have time to wash it because he came late, he decided to take his sport clothes and wore them. Mary was making Mxolisi's lunch because she remembered that Mxolisi didn't have anything to eat on his first day. Mary didn't know that Mxolisi's uniform was wet, because when she came back yesterday from Mxolisi's new school, she found Mxolisi in the house already. Mary yelled, "Mxolisi are you ready!?"

"Almost!" Mxolisi replied.

Mxolisi was in his room and Mary was in the kitchen. Mary looked at the time and saw that Mxolisi was taking soo long. She went to his room and saw him wearing sport clothes, Mary was surprised. "I didn't know it was sport day today," she said.

"It is. You see aunt that why yesterday you didn't find me in school. It's because we were practicing with another school," Mxolisi replied.

Mxolisi's story wasn't adding up because yesterday he said he was in his new friend's house to his aunt and now it's practice. Mary thought of it and she was also confused.

"I thought you were visiting a friend," she said suspiciously. 

"Yes I was after the practice," Mxolisi covered himself.

Mary gave Mxolisi his lunch and money. She knew something was up with him. "But It's early for sport," Mary said. Mxolisi saw that Mary is suspecting something. "It's not early, the problem is that I came in February and that's why you'll feel like it's early," he said.

"Ok I got a letter from your school saying that on Friday there's an event. It's a valentine's ball event and it also says you're allowed to enter when you you have a partner," Mary talking. Mxolisi just nod his head disagreeing to the letter and he took his bag, at least it wasn't wet. 

He responded, "I'm not going....because I don't have a partner."

"Why not? You must've seen someone at least," Mary insisted.

Mxolisi had a flashback of Thando and Amanda humiliating him. "Aunt it's my second day at school and I'll be late," Mxolisi ignored Mary.

Second day in school 

Aaliyah was sitting with her boyfriend Vusumuzi. They loved each other but they only had one problem and that was Aaliyah was only speaking English and Vusumuzi couldn't speak English but he was able to hear it. Vusumuzi knew how to speak Zulu only and Aaliyah doesn't understand Zulu. It was hard for them to communicate but they loved each other.

"Babe I want you to check out my dress I would like to wear on Friday," said Aaliyah. 

"On you this dress beautiful," Vusumuzi complimented her.

Aaliyah held Vusumuzi's hand and asked, "What will you buy for me?"

Vusumuzi replied, "You see Friday."

Aaliyah understood her boyfriend even though their communication was lacking but they were the best couple in class and they looked so adorable together. They were sitting in class, it was still early in the morning. "I can't wait to show you what I got for you my love," said Aaliyah. Vusumuzi looked at her and he smiled. Mxolisi came in and everyone looked at him because of the sport clothes.

[Learners laughed]

Mzwanele made fun of him, "I totally forgot that today was sport day." 

[Learners laughed]

The teacher came in and saw Mxolisi wearing sport clothes. "I thought we only wear sport on Friday and why are you wearing them today?" She asked. "I didn't know that ma'am," he replied. The teacher guessed that Mxolisi must've been the new student.