Eight | You should step up for her or else...

Aaliyah was cooking at her home. Londiwe walked towards the door and it was opened. She came inside. Londiwe loved the smell of the food Aaliyah was cooking. Aaliyah was smiling and Londiwe was happy to see her because the last time she saw her, she was not in a good mood. 

"You can really cook," Londiwe complimented Aaliyah.

"What can I do, I don't have a choice. I only live with my father and he always comes late, so he must eat everyday because he will be tired," Aaliyah said.

"This house is so big for only two people," Londiwe wondered.

"Well I guess w.."

[Baby cooing]

Aaliyah was interrupted by the look of Londiwe when the baby cooed. Londiwe looked at Aaliyah. Aaliyah did not hear the baby but Londiwe did and Aaliyah was confused at what was Londiwe trying to hear.

"What's wrong?" Aaliyah asked.

"You did not hear that?" Londiwe asked.

Londiwe thought she was going crazy but the baby continued cooing. She wasn't sure but she kept on hearing the baby.

[Baby cried]

"That, I think it is a baby," Londiwe replied.

"A baby? I thi..." Londiwe interrupted Aaliyah, "Shh Aaliyah, did you hear it now?" Aaliyah thought that Londiwe was going crazy. "I think you should leave, there's no baby here," she said.

"No, no, the baby Aaliyah!" Londiwe scared.

"Leave now!" Aaliyah screamed.

[Baby cried]

Londiwe woke up from her bed in the middle of the night. She was dreaming and was sweating all over her body. She stood and went to the kitchen to drink water. She was afraid to go back to sleep.

Morning in school 

Luyanda was standing alone, thinking about Londiwe. Zweli came behind her and closed her eyes. Luyanda was not in a good mood and Zweli gave up. Luyanda turned to look at Zweli.

"Hey what's wrong?" Zweli asked.

"I don't know," Luyanda replied weakly.

"You see you don't deserve to be stressed like this, about someone who does not care about you," Zweli said. Luyanda looked at Zweli and said, "What do you mean by that? Are you saying she does not care about me?"

Zweli saw Londiwe and Luyanda looked at him. Luyanda turned and saw her. Londiwe was still terrified about the dream. She wanted to talk to someone and she only thought of Mxolisi. Londiwe saw Mxolisi standing with Senamile, she went to him and pulled him away from Senamile. Londiwe was looking around to check on Aaliyah and she was sweating. Mxolisi started to be worried about her.

"Are you fine?" Mxolisi asked.

"Yes...I'll be fine but that is not why...I  came to you," Londiwe stuttered.

Mxolisi looked at where Londiwe was looking and he was confused. "Then talk what is it?" He asked. Londiwe saw Aaliyah and thought about the dream. She heard the baby crying again. Mxolisi pulled her away from the crowd. Luyanda and Zweli continued watching Londiwe.

After break

Vusi and Aaliyah were sitting at their favorite spot which was under the tree. Aaliyah was happy to talk to her boyfriend after a long time. When they usually meets, Vusi would feel a bit uncomfortable because of how he speaks English. "It has been so long since we've spent time together, where have you been?" Aaliyah asked.