CHAPTER ELEVEN

Page count: 9

"Are you happy now?" Derek asked Hermione, being grateful that they were nearing Beacon Hills and they should be arriving within the next twenty minutes.

"Very," she nodded, sipping at her milkshake.

After they'd both gotten ready and packed up their belongings, they left the motel to find a place for an early dinner, and an hour later they were on the road and making their way back home, but halfway through the journey Hermione really had to pee, so he had to stop. Not long after that, Hermione had forced him to stop at a diner –and at actual wand point, too, which both amused and frightened him- so she could get a milkshake, and after fifteen minutes of sitting inside, they left with Hermione ordering a second one to go, which she was now sipping at.

"I'm not sure if all this chocolate and ice-cream is good the baby," Derek commented.

"I don't care, it's the baby that wants it, not me," she replied. He snorted at her. "Don't forget we have to pick up Magic," she reminded him as the sign welcoming them to Beacon Hills came into view.

He rolled his eyes but he did make sure to take the turning that lead to Scott's house, rather than the turning that took them to the road by the woods. As soon as they pulled up and Hermione climbed out of the car, a still half full milkshake in her hand, she heard barking coming from the house and moments later, the door opened and her puppy came bounding out the house and over to her, almost tripping in his excitement.

He jumped up at her excitedly and she laughed and crouched down on the ground, Magic jumping to lick at her face with his tail wagging happily.

"I missed you, too," she laughed, scratching at his head and she stood up when Scott appeared with the back pack she'd given him.

"Hey," she smiled, standing up after she'd gathered Magic in her arms and being careful not to drop her milkshake. "Thank you for looking after him, I know he's a handful."

Scott smiled. "He's energetic, but I wouldn't say he's a handful. Saying that, he had me up at five o'clock this morning wanting to go for a run."

"And you gave in?"

He shrugged and smiled. "I needed the fresh air."

"At five in the morning, yes, I'm sure you did," she replied.

He snorted at her. "You're lucky you actually got him back, my mom wanted to keep him. She would've hid him from you if she hadn't had a shift at the hospital."

"Why do you make everyone fall in love with you?" She asked her puppy, looking down at him. He barked and licked her face in response. She shook her head and looked back up to Scott. "Well, I suppose we better go, I've got to check on Crookshanks and Snowball."

Hermione put Magic down on the ground so she could pull the envelope of cash out of her pocket and give it to Scott, but before she could, Magic darted to the car and jumped inside onto the seat before Hermione could even stop him. She waited for Derek's anger at him ruining the seats but he just chuckled as her puppy forced himself onto his lap, despite his size and he licked Derek's face.

Hermione shook her head and turned back to Scott. "Right, he's your payment, thank you again."

"Like I said, he was no bother, I'm actually going to miss him and if you need me to watch him again, I'll happily do so."

"Thanks, I'll probably see you around at some point," she said, before she climbed into the car, shut the door and fastened her seatbelt and called Magic until he climbed onto her lap. Hermione waved at Scott and Derek gave him a nod, before they pulled away.