CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Page count: 11

"How'd it go, Dears?" Andromeda asked as they stepped into the cottage and Magic bounded over to them, barking loudly.

He barely spared Hermione and Derek a glance before he was jumping up at Teddy and given his growth spurt, Magic was easily bigger than the small child when standing on his back legs. Teddy laughed loudly and fell back onto the armchair as Magic jumped up, draped himself over the small child and licked his face. The three adults watched with smiles and chuckles before Derek pulled the much larger dog off of Teddy before he crushed him with his weight and they both ran out of the room, Teddy's laughter and Magic's barking echoing through the cottage.

Hermione's scowl made an appearance as she sat on the armchair with her arms crossed.

"It didn't," she said grumpily.

Andromeda looked to Derek confused as he slipped off his leather jacket and hung it up on the nearby coat stand.

"The babies are both fine, but we weren't able to find out the genders, they weren't cooperating during the scan so Hermione's in a mood," he explained.

"I'm not in a mood," she denied. "Why would I be? It's not as if I've been waiting for this day for over five months, it is?"

He held his hands up in surrender. "Not my fault, blame the babies, they're the ones that wanted to play hide and seek, not me."

"It is your fault."

"How is my fault?" He asked her.

"They're your babies," she said.

"They're half yours, too," he replied.

"No, it's your super sperm that knocked me up, it's your fault."

"Here we go again," he rolled his eyes, dodging the cushion she threw at his head and Andromeda did her best to hide her chuckles but ultimately failed.

"Dear, if you would like I can cast the Gender Reveal Charm for you," Andromeda said.

Hermione blinked slowly. "The what?" She frowned.

"Gender Reveal Charm," she repeated.

"Oh bloody hell," Hermione sighed, burying her face in her hands.

"You didn't know there was such a thing?" Andromeda asked. Hermione grumbled and lifted her face from her hands while Derek looked amused.

"No, I didn't. I know there's a potion but I'm allergic to the ginger spice they use as an ingredient, which is why I agreed to the scan."

"Oh, Dear," Andromeda shook her head and chuckled. "The charm was invented even before I was born and was used within the Pureblood families until it became known to the public in the nineties."

"And it's accurate?" She asked.

"One hundred percent," Andromeda nodded.

"And it's safe?"

"Completely, for both you and the babies," she said.

Hermione looked over to Derek and he shrugged his shoulders. "Your decision,"

Hermione sighed before nodding. Andromeda stood from her place sat on the couch and closed the distance between her and Hermione, pulling her wand from her robes and gently pressing the tip against Hermione's stomach.

"Any guesses before I cast the spell?"

"Boys," Hermione said.

"Girls," Derek spoke.