00: do you believe in magic?

MARGOT GILBERT always compared herself to the before in an early 2000s romcom makeover

MARGOT GILBERT always compared herself to the before in an early 2000s romcom makeover. And her younger sister, Elena, was the after.

Elena was the Alexia Wheaton to Margot's Hayley. The Bianca Stratford to Margot's Kat.

Except Margot was still waiting for her Heath Ledger to step into the picture and delightfully shatter her heart.

You see, Margot Gilbert was obsessed with romcoms and romance novels growing up. If it had a sappy love story and a happy (or romantically tragic) ending, she would devour it. Margot scoured every garage sale and thrift store for discarded romcoms she'd never seen before, and her bookshelves were overflowing with books with the cheesiest of titles.

While Margot disappeared into her fantasies of love and magic, Elena's life continued to blossom, just like the main character of a romcom's would. Elena quickly became a popular girl within their school, joined the cheerleading team, and flourished within the planning for founding family events alongside Margot's best friend, Caroline Forbes.

And Margot sat back in the limelight, gushing over Elena's love life and Caroline's successes.

She became the metaphorical cheerleader to the actual cheerleaders in her life, prioritized her school work and her daydreams, and threw her romanticism of life into her artwork and creative pursuits.

Margot was nothing if not a brilliantly optimistic girl though, so she always had a feeling deep down that her love story would be epic.

And epic, it would be.