Saiyyan

Mumbai

Raghav woke the next day with splitting headache. Groaning, Raghav got up from bed and dragged himself to the kitchen. He poured a glass of water and looked around. The house was spotless, placing the glass down, Raghav walked around hall in shock, " morning " Sammy smiled as he descended the stairs, " did the cleaning lady come ? " Raghav asked, " uuuh yeah. Well I got to go, make sure you eat something. " Sammy smiled and walked out. Raghav looked around and sat down on the sofa and relaxed, after sometime, Raghav felt hungry, he got up and headed to the kitchen and opened the fridge. He found a plate of food with a note that says " Please eat ". Raghav smiled," must be Sammy's idea " Raghav thought and went to heat it.

Kalpi was working when, Sammy came in, " morning Sir " Kalpi smiled, " morning Kalpi " Sammy smiled, " uhh how is Raghav Sir ? " Kalpi asked meekly, " he looks better...thank you " Sammy said, Kalpi smiled and got back to work. When lunch time rolled in, Kalpi was already tired, " Uhh...Kalpi, I need you to send this to Raghav. Its urgent " Sammy said passing him the file. Kalpi nodded and took the file.

Kalpi stood in front of Raghav's villa, with a deep breath Kalpi pressed the door bell and waited. Raghav was watching tv, when his doorbell rang, setting the plate of food down, Raghav got up and went to answer the door. Kalpi felt like running, but before she could do that, the door opened, and Kalpi came face-to-face with Raghav. " Kalpi.... " Raghav whispered, " I just came by to give you this. Sammy sir says its urgent " Kalpi smiled shyly and passed him the file, Raghav took the file and looked at her " come in..." Raghav said stepping aside to let her in. Kalpi smiled and walked into the house. The first thing Kalpi saw was the food that she prepared, a smiled grew on her lips, " drink ? " Raghav asked, " excuse me ? " Kalpi asked, " would you like anything to drink ? " Raghav asked again, Kalpi shook her head,
" please sit...I'll just look at these really quick " Raghav said as he gestured Kalpi to the sofa. Kalpi sat down and looked around. Raghav sat opposite her looking at the file. After sometime, Raghav signed the file and passed it back to Kalpi. Kalpi took it and smiled. There was an awkward silence between them, " I'll get going " Kalpi said and stood up. When Kalpi left, Raghav rummaged though his cabinet for Whiskey, when he found a bottle Raghav smiled. He was about to drink it when a hand stopped him. Raghav turned about and found Kalpi, shaking her head, just like that, Raghav remembered everything that happened yesterday, him drinking, Kalpi coming to stop him. Kalpi took the bottle and walked in front of him and looked at him with her doe-eyes.

" you were here " Raghav finally whispered, Kalpi looked down and placed the bottle carefully on the table and nodded. " Sammy sir told me..." Kalpi whispered, " so I came... " Kalpi said still looking down. Raghav moved closer to her and turned her around, he gently tilted her face to look at him. Raghav could see tears forming in her eyes, feeling guilty to what he has done, Raghav gently cupped her cheek. Kalpi closed her eyes and leaned more against his hand, " I'm sorry " Raghav whispered, Kalpi opened her eyes and looked at him. Kalpi then stepped closer and laid her head on his chest. Raghav immediately wrapped his arm around her and held her.

After sometime, Kalpi lifted her head and stepped back, " I have to get back " Kalpi said meekly, she was about to walk out when Raghav caught her hand " come tomorrow......please " Raghav asked as he looked at her. Kalpi felt her breath hitch up a notch. A smile grew on her lips and nodded. Kalpi turned around and looked at Raghav, they had eye-lock, until Kalpi blushed and walked out. Raghav felt a smiled tug his lips, he looked back at the bottle, shaking his head, Raghav took it and dumped in in the trash can when his phone buzzed , Raghav took it out and read the text " finish the food " . The text was from Kalpi, Raghav smiled at the text and looked back at the plate " she must have cooked it " Raghav thought as he want to sit down to finish the food.