24

Anum spoke with Emaan on the phone, staring at the dark sky from the balcony— a reflection of her life. A bitter scoff escaped her at the notion. Shaking off those thoughts, she attempted to engage the unusually quiet Emaan.

"Emaan, school kaisa ja raha hai?" (How's school going?)

"Good." Mumbled Emaan.

"What happened? Did something happen?"

"Did somebody say something to you?"

"Emaan?" Upon hearing no reply, Anum called out her name.

"Api..woh. exams ki tension hai." (I'm stressed about exams.)

Anum sighed. "Emaan. I've been noticing you for a long time. What's going on?"

"Api. I'm telling you the truth. There's nothing else."

"Okay, I'm going to sleep now. I have to wake up early tomorrow. Good night api." Emaan hurriedly disconnected the call before Anum could say anything.

Worry consumed Anum as she became lost in her thoughts. She was certain that something troubled her younger sister. "I will talk to ami."

Experiencing fatigue throughout the morning, she decided to refresh herself with a shower in hopes of feeling better.

Her body jolted as arms wrapped around her while she stood under the shower. She didn't need to turn around to identify the person.

Irtaza began planting gentle kisses on her shoulder and the side of her neck. Both drenched under the shower, their bodies clung together seamlessly.
Her body tensed as the proximity with him made her feel uneasy.

Extremely exhausted due to the last night, her body did not have engery to take him.

MC ahead. (Ink)

Neither her heart had any inclination to be touched by the man with whom she had no emotional connection with.

MC has been trimmed.

Violent content ahead.

He fisted her hair and slammed her head on the wall.
Anum cried in pain as she felt the warmth of blood coursing through her forehead.

"Come out in two minutes." He left saying this.

Anum started to cry even harder for she knew what's waiting for her once she exits the bathroom.

She turned off the shower and realized that she never brought clothes with her.

Wiping her tears, she quickly wrapped a towel around her and entered the bedroom.

Irtaza seated in the accent armchair, donned in just black pants, casually smoking a cigarette.

"Come here." He ordered Anum in a hoarse voice, his eyes fixated on the switchblade placed on the table before him.

Gulping, with small steps, she went towards him.

He pulled her by her waist, causing her to fall into his lap. She let out a gasp.

Her heart was racing, he adjusted her properly on his lap and gripped her hair in a tight fist.

She flinched when he brought his hand near her face.
Caressing her cheek by his knuckles, he asked her.

"Who am I to you?"

"Hhu-husband." She mumbled very lowly.

The cigarette between his fingers was near her face.
She was afraid that she might get a burn.

"Louder." He said sternly.

Gulping, she repeated. "My..my husband."

VC has been trimmed.

He clutched her hair, aligning his face with her. "Do not fucking ever disrespect me. Mere saamne kuch bhi bolne se pehle, usse soch, samajh, aur phir bol.
Kabhi mujhe "tum" keh ke mat bulana. Teri family ki gaand phaar dunga. Thok dunga sabko."

He left her hair with a jerk and exited the room, warning her.

Anum curled her naked body in a ball, the room echoing with her loud cries.