34

Unable to control her emotions, Anum suddenly started crying loudly, covering her face with her palms.

"Anum, what happened baby? Are you hurt anywhere?" Irtaza asked her in concern. Seeing her trembling, shaky body, he hugged her.

He forcibly pulled her hands down and wiped her tears away. "Anum." His voice was stern this time.

"I-I... don't want... to," she replied, tears streaming down her face, her body quivering with hiccups.

His jaw clenched hearing her denial, but he blinked away his anger, knowing it wasn't the right time for that. "Relax, Jaan. Here, drink water." He placed the glass near her lips, gently guiding her to drink.

After taking a few sips, she turned her head away. Her body was still shaking. Irtaza laid down with her in his arms and began to rub her back soothingly. "Relax. Nothing is happening. Whatever you don't want, will not happen."

She felt a bit better now. "Ek baar theek hojao phir batata hun tumhe. Go to sleep now." (I'll show you once you get well.)

She quickly shut her eyes tightly and succumbed to sleep while he watched her sleep.

Main aah bharun tu haaye kare
(I will sigh and you would groan)

Bechain likhoon bechain ho tu
(I will write "Restless" and you will become restless)

"One day you will also yearn for me like I do for you."

Phir bechaini ka " be" kaatoon
(Then I will cut off the "less" from restless)

Tujhe chain zara sa ho jaaye
(So that you can have some rest)

After a few hours what felt like a few minutes to Anum, Irtaza woke her up. "Baby, wake up. Mom and Dad are here to see you."

Groggily, she rubbed her eyes as he picked her up and led her to the washroom.

"I didn't even cook anything." She said to him anxiously.

"It's okay, Jaan. I've called staff, they're taking care of everything."

ررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررر

After sometime, they both descended the stairs, Irtaza had his arm around Anum, helping her to walk.

She greeted Mariam and Ibrahim.

Mariam hugged her and sat with her, "Beta how could you be so careless? Itni chott lag gayi." (You've got so wounded.)

"I'm fine now, ami. I'm sorry I couldn't cook anything by myself for you and Abu.

"Oh don't worry about that. We're just here to see you."

Irtaza and his dad went to garden to have a drink and talk some business, giving the ladies their privacy.

"I've sent some men to take care of the shipment. Somebody has been messing up with that. I couldn't look into it myself, I had to be with Anum."

"Hm. Could be Uzair's men."

"That's what I'm thinking. It wouldn't take me a second to destroy him. He is nothing."

"Anum ka college band karwado. Women are better off at home." (Quit Anum's college.)

He frowned. "She's only studying, it's not I'll let her work."

"Irtaza. A man runs everything, whether it be house, relationship, or whatever. You had a loss of millions of dollars because you couldn't be there. You were babysitting her. And you know it's not about the money, it's about responsibility. I'm so much disappointed."