26

It has been two weeks since Anum has resumed her college. Things have been pretty "normal" between her and Irtaza.

She has learned to live with the carving he had done on her body, she had learned to accept it as she sees it everyday.

He doesn't raise his hands on her or yell at her, she doesn't resist his touch.

Apart from sex, he would take her outside, tell her about all about his day and ask her about her day.
Everything has been going smoothly. Yesterday, he even cooked her favorite meal for her.

While on her way to her next class, somebody gripped her arm.

She swiftly turned around and found a worried looking girl.

"Hey. You're...you're  Anum, right?" She was breathing heavily, as she ran all the way to Anum.

Anum nodded her head, confused.

"Your husband has kidnapped my friends."

Anum's eyes widened in horror, her heartbeat increased."I thought he has changed, I thought he has finally changed. Please don't let it be true."

Her chain of thoughts broke by the girl. "I'm Maham.
I saw what happened "that day" when I entered the club. That man is your husband, right?"

She gulped and nodded her head.

"Anum, your husband's bodyguards took my friends with them. We do not mean any harm. Please just release them. I request you."

Anum again slightly nodded her head silently. What could she even say? How could she even justify her husband's actions?

She decided to talk to Irtaza about it. After returning home she cooked dinner and began doing her assignments.

"He can't stoop that low, there's definitely a misunderstanding."

۷۲۶۳۶۶:۶۳۶۳۷:۷:۷:۶:۶:۶۲۸۸۳۷۳۷۳؛۶؛۶:۳۷۳۷۳۷۷۷:۷:

Anum was cleaning the kitchen after she and Irtaza had their dinner. He went upstairs to their bedroom while on a call with someone.

After sometime, she went upstairs too and found Irtaza on the couch, typing furiously on his laptop.

She thought to talk to him later about it as she laid on the bed. She very exhausted, all she wanted to do was just sleep.

Despite her drowsiness, she continued to toss and turn, unable to drift into slumber.

Irtaza was watching her keenly. He put his laptop away and got in the bed with her.

Anum looked at him with bewilderment.

He took off his shirt, embraced her in his arms and covered them with a duvet.

"I know you can't sleep without me. You're used to falling asleep in my arms." A genuine smile was playing on his lips.

Anum just closed her eyes and snuggled in his chest, and gave into sleep while Irtaza stoked her hair and kissed her head from time to time.

Even though she wanted to ask Irtaza about Ayesha and the guy that night, but didn't have the energy to.

۷۲۶۳۳۶۳۶۳۶۶۳۶۳۶۷۳۷:۷۷/۸/۸۲۸۲۸۸۲۷۳۷۳۶۳۶۳

The following day, Anum had no classes, allowing her to spend the entire day at home. After completing her household chores, she went to the couch. It was almost time for Irtaza's arrival. Her phone started to ring.

"What's up Emu?"

"Nothing api. What you doing?"

"I just finished cleaning the house."

"Api. I want to meet you. I miss you so much." Her voice broke at the end.

"My baby.. I'll come visit you soon. Don't cry." Tears brimmed in Anum's eyes as well.

After talking to Emaan for sometime, Anum began to watch a horror movie on TV. When suddenly, she heard a loud noise coming from the basement.

No servants or guards are allowed inside the house unless necessary. She decided to go check in the basement as she has even seen Irtaza go there a couple times.

As she descended into the basement, the air grew colder. The flickering light revealed walls stained with ominous streaks of dried blood, creating an unsettling tableau. The floor beneath her feet seemed to echo with each step, and the dimly lit corridor stretched into darkness. The metallic scent of iron lingered, heightening the eerie atmosphere.

Her eyes fell on Ayesha and Shameer; their battered forms chained to the cold stone walls.

Anum covered her mouth out of shock, her eyes widened seeing their state; Bruises adorned their faces, and the metallic scent of blood hung in the air.
Their eyes, filled with a mix of terror and despair, met hers.

They both clinked their chains in desperation, their mouths were tied with a cloth.

Anum quickly reached them and tried to free them, but the chains were locked.

Tears were streaming down her face, she felt she is responsible for their situation. If she had not been rebellious that day then they wouldn't have been in this horrible position.

"I'm-sorry...I'm so sorry. I'll get you both out of here. Please forgive me." She said, sobbing.

"Maafi toh maangegi tu." (You will surely ask for forgiveness.)

Her body froze, her breath went still hearing his voice.