Oliver & Company Prologue

This story starts with a blue screen with a castle appearing in a flash with the words 'Walt Disney Pictures' below it, before the screen turns black to begin the story. Somewhere on planet Earth, there was a city known as New York city, and it was the location where this story takes place. Somewhere in the city, there was a box full of kittens, and the box had the words 'Kittens for adoption', and some of the human children that passed by saw them and each adopted a kitten. Soon, all of the kittens were adopted... all of them that is... except for one, a little orange kitten that was now all alone in the box, and nobody took any notice. It wasn't long before night fell, and the sky got covered by dark clouds and begins to rain hard. The poor little kitten was getting cold, wet and sad, as he didn't understand why nobody adopted him like his brothers and sisters. Suddenly, the water from the rain began to fill up the box, causing it to fall apart and the kitten was being swept away by the water. Before he ended up getting washed up in a storm drain however, he managed to use his claws to grab a hold on the top of the drain, allowing him to escape just in the nick of time. With the box gone, the kitten had to go off to find another place to keep himself warm and dry for the night. But trouble brewed for the kitten, as a trio of street dogs came and were looking angry and hungry, ready to attack the poor kitten, who was forced to flee for his life as the dogs began to chase him. The little kitten managed to find a place to hide from the dogs, who ran passed him, unaware that he was hiding in a trashcan. Lightning passed through the sky as the sound of loud thunder was heard, scaring the poor kitten, before he begins to take some deep breaths to relax and tried to get some sleep. The poor kitten needed a family now... any kind at this point, unaware that he might get one, and the most unique one too, which is where this story begins.