Chapter 8

Reader

A few days have passed. Another vessel was found for Tengen-sama. Everything was normal or rather everyone was acting normal as if nothing happened.

I didn't see Geto much for the last few days, same as Gojo. Though Gojo was always out because he was being given tons of missions. When he'd come back, he was always exhausted. He'd go straight to his room and sleep.

Geto was always in his room. I don't think he left his room much after the incident. Gojo was too busy to see his best friend, let alone console him. I, on the other hand, am terrible at consoling people.

I have been practicing hard for the last few days. Shoko doesn't come to practices. She's not given any missions either, same as Geto. I was given a few small missions which I completed easily.

The four of us were together once in the past few days, which was at dinner. I prepared dinner, and Shoko was the first one to enter the dining room. We chatted a bit before Gojo came. "Yo, is someone cooking miso-soup?"

"Yeah, Y/N's cooking." Shoko replies.

"Wow, Y/N-chan can cook?" He teasingly said.

"Why can't I? You mop." I joked.

"Where's Suguru though?" Gojo asked scanning the kitchen and the dining area.

"Probably in his room, he hasn't left his room since the-" Shoko stops midway. I freeze.

"I'mma go bring him." Gojo says and leaves the room. He came back a few minutes later with Geto. He had huge dark circles. We all started eating, chatting about this and that, trying hard to ignore the gloomy vibe.

I couldn't help but notice that Geto wasn't eating, or talking much. He was the first one to finish and take his leave. The rest of us were pretty much silent after he left.
After that day, Shoko and I ate together, but the boys were never here.

_______

It's past midnight. I am on the practice ground. Everyone's probably asleep. I've been practicing all day long.

Sitting on the grass, I drink water before I feel a strong presence behind me. Looking back, I see it's Gojo.

"Hi." He says calmly and sits next to me.

"Hi." I repeat his word.

Silence takes over.

"How'd your mission go today?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"As usual. Easy." He says. His voice unusually calm. I roll my neck. "You know.. You should probably talk with Geto. He's really depressed."

"I will, but he went on a mission today." Gojo says, staring at the sky. It's filled with stars tonight, no moon.

"He did? When?" how did I not know that?

"Early in the morning."

"I see." I mutter under my breath.

"Though.. Y/N-chan." He says, "aren't you griefing too?"

I couldn't say anything. Riko's face flash in front of my eyes.