Chapter 17

Third Person POV

As the warm rays of the Hawaiian sun seeped through the curtains, Jennie slowly blinked her eyes open. She turned to her side and found Rosé, still fast asleep, her delicate features glowing softly in the morning light. A gentle smile played on Jennie's lips as she admired her lover's peaceful slumber.

Carefully, Jennie shifted in bed and sat up, stretching her arms above her head. The soft, white sheets fell from her body, revealing a simple black tank top and shorts. She tiptoed towards the bathroom, not wanting to disturb Rosé's rest any further.

After a refreshing shower and a quick change into a comfortable sundress, Jennie emerged from the bathroom, a towel wrapped around her wet hair. She looked around the hotel room and noticed Rosé hunched over her laptop, deep in concentration.

"Morning, Rosie," Jennie greeted, walking over to her.

Rosé looked up, a sheepish smile spreading across her face. "Morning, Jen. Sorry, I got caught up with some work."

Jennie shook her head, leaning in to press a soft kiss on Rosé's forehead. "No need to apologize, I understand." Jennie blushed at her own action not expecting that from herself, including Rosie.

With a newfound determination, Jennie declared, "Well, if you're working, then I better catch up on some too. Let's make the most of our time here, even if it means a bit of work."

Rosé's eyes sparkled with love and gratitude as she nodded, feeling lucky to have Jennie by her side. "Sounds like a plan, babe. I'll go freshen up while you work."

As Rosé made her way towards the bathroom, Jennie settled at the hotel desk, laptop in front of her. The gentle hum of the air conditioning mixed with the soothing sound of waves crashing against the shore outside. The tranquility of the moment was interrupted only by the rhythmic typing of Jennie's fingers on the keyboard.

Hours passed, and Jennie felt a sense of accomplishment wash over her as she finished her work. She glanced up from her laptop, noticing Rosé walking out of the bathroom, a towel draped over her shoulders, wearing a cute sundress too and a radiant smile on her face.

"Ready to take on the day, Jennie?" Rosé asked, her voice filled with excitement.

Jennie closed her laptop and stood up, mirroring Rosé's radiant smile. "Absolutely, Rosie. Let's go and make some incredible memories."

Hand in hand, they left the hotel room, their laughter mixing with the salty breeze as they made their way down the sun-kissed streets of Hawaii. The memory of a beach restaurant they had discovered the previous day filled their thoughts.

With funny chatter and infectious smiles, Jennie and Rosé walked towards their breakfast destination, ready to savor the flavors of Hawaii and enjoy each other's company in this tropical paradise.

Eventually, they reached the beach café, its brightly colored umbrellas and chairs beckoning them inside. They were greeted by the smell of freshly brewed coffee and the tantalizing aroma of cooking bacon and eggs. The waiter led them to a table by the window, affording them a perfect view of the ocean while they ate. They each ordered their favorite breakfast dishes and sipped at their coffees, savoring the taste and the company.

As they ate, they talked about their lives back home, their jobs, their friends, and their families. They reminisced about their childhoods and shared stories from their high school days. It was as if they were two old friends catching up after years apart, each story more precious and cherished than the last. And yet, despite the nostalgia and the sentimentality, there was an undercurrent of excitement and anticipation as well. They were on vacation, after all, and the world was their oyster. They could do whatever they wanted, go wherever they pleased, and make the most of their time together, while it lasted...