8 - "Out With A Bang"

The rooftop party was not Lotus' thing, but he could see why Noelle liked it

The rooftop party was not Lotus' thing, but he could see why Noelle liked it. It was quiet, serene and calm. The ambiance and colors were nice, but unless it was business and he needed to be outside; Lotus was a homebody. Even when he was young he'd been like that.

Three small candles were lit up on the small glass table in front of them. They were suppose to be sitting across from each other, but Noelle was on Lotus's lap. So the other almond colored bistro chair was empty.

Electronica music played on low, waiters and waitresses moving through throngs of people standing and talking or dancing on the dance floor to serve their tables.

Lotus and Noelle ordered a platter of coconut shrimp and shrimp in sweet and spicy Asian sauce with two glasses of champagne.

Noelle wore an open back green halter top with white jeans. Her hair was done up in a neat bun with drop down earrings. Black open toe kitten heels were on her feet and she finished with a dash of Valentino Born In Roma perfume.

Lotus had one arm around her hip, the other resting on her lap holding her hand. Noelle watched him staring at her fingers as he laced his fingers through her's or kept comparing the size of their hand by lining his palm with her's. He'd been really quiet the whole time, barely touching the food.

"You okay?" Noelle asked, softly. She didn't know why he insisted on coming out but he did. She could tell he was thinking about Dalton.

He claimed he didn't want to be inside the house thinking about his brother. But he was clearly doing it here. When he broke the news to Ember she took it hard like he knew she would. Ember and Dalton literally lived together all their lives. So Lotus knew the pain his mother was feeling.

She was staying with White Locus and her husband for now. Lotus would be the one to make the funeral arrangements since his mother wouldn't be up for it.

"I'm fine." Lotus said. "You have really pretty fingers. They're long."

Noelle lifted his chin, studying his face. He smirked, watching her as she watched him.

"What is it Ms. Wright?"

Noelle didn't answer him right away. She could tell he was holding his pain in. She was wondering how he was even able to do it. Maybe the pain of losing Gene made his feelings numb. He hadn't cried since Gene died. Noelle assumed he had no more tears left to spare.

"I'm worried about you. You know you don't ever have to hide your feelings from me. If you feel like you want to cry you can. If you want to talk or tell me how you're feeling you can."

"You're funny." Lotus whispered.

"What does that mean?" Noelle asked softly, feeling a little offended.

"I just mean you're cute." Lotus said. "I know I can come to you."

Noelle kissed his forehead. She knew here wasn't the time or place to bring this up, but it had really been bothering her. It started to give her anxiety, she hated drama.