14 - "Dance"

Three Months Later

Three Months Later...

It was the month of July and Gia's hip-hop dance performance was here. It was Saturday but the line to get into the school was still surprisingly long. Apparently, all these people had nothing better to do than watch seventh grade girls do hip-hop routines.

Lotus didn't understand what the huge production was about. Security was making everyone go through metal detectors which is what was holding up the process. Gia went to a private school but Lotus guessed the metal detector thing was good for now. They didn't usually have this, but for the event he understood.

The twin babies were at Noelle's mother's house; while Kutu stood beside her aunt ready to see her friend perform. The girls were really close even though they didn't go to the same school. They often called, texted or Facetimed when they could.

"Are you excited love?" Noelle asked her niece.

"Yeah, Gia's been practicing this for months." Kutu told her, so she already knew some of the moves she would see on stage.

Once inside and seated in the auditorium, Lotus looked at the time on his watch. Noelle who was seated next to him smacked her teeth and swatted his hand down. "Lotus don't do that, it looks rude. Like you have somewhere else to be."

He wanted to say he did, but he didn't say anything not knowing if it was disrespectful or not. He was working on how he replied. Kutu went to use the bathroom before the show started.

"Are you excited?" Noelle quizzed.

"I wouldn't say excited," He told her with a smirk, "interested I guess would be the right word."

The lights in the auditorium went low and the principal came on stage asking for silence. It got quiet as he announced it was the school's second ever hip-hop fest. He told them the school's very own kids would be performing three different choreographies.

Kutu finally returned and took her seat. The principal announced the rules. No recording, no eating and let there be silence to allow the kids to perform. The audience would be able to clap after.

"So without further ado...I welcome Raotar's hip-hop team The Nobles!"

The audience watched as the girls came running on stage. They easily spotted Gia who was more toward the back for this one. All the kids wore matching green t-shirts, their hair done similarly.

They were all in-sync, shoulders popping, krumping and doing all the modern dances. Lotus mainly paid attention to the lyrics. He wanted to make sure he was paying $20,000 a year for quality education and morals. He didn't want to hear any ghetto ass rap about shooting and wet pussy even if it was hip-hop. And so far the lyrics were clean.

The dance lasted three minutes before it ended. Everyone cheered and hollered and the curtains closed. The lights came on and the principal announced a brief intermission before the next performance.