16 - "Shootin' The Breeze"

A week later, The Prophets were still basking in glory

A week later, The Prophets were still basking in glory. Raving at the destruction they caused. However, the damage they had done had been so great, they would have to lay low for a long time if they wanted to go undetected. Lower than a stink bitch's self-esteem; and so far they were doing a good job.

Zeus had paid each man $10,000 for the job. None had a problem keeping their come-up of funds on the low, it was just a matter of keeping their mouths shut. Zeus never had a problem with them bragging about doing a job before, but things were different when a hit you did became popular and was being talked about all over the globe. It was always one person in the crew that started to want credit and want everybody to know they did it and that's what he didn't need.

The Prophets were gathered in an apartment they often met in. Everyone was in a good mood. Victor and Watcha more so by the pay they got. Zo was more enthusiastic about the social media clips of their shooting and Xan didn't really care about either the money or their new fame. Because money was just money and he wasn't phased by their shootings on videos because he was there and didn't need to keep replaying videos he was present for.

Zo chuckled watching the clip of White Locus and Dion go through the Starbucks window while reading the comments on TikTok.

Xan smacked his lips, sitting on the far end of the couch. Zo had been watching the videos for a week now.

Xan fired up a blunt. "You still watching that? I ain't never seen a nigga watch his own work that much. You worst than a bitch that be in the mirror for two hours 'fore she go to the club."

Zo glared at his friend playfully, not taking anything he said to heart. He couldn't take a man who stayed high seriously.

"Nigga roll that shit up and shut up." Zo said. "If somebody laced that shit wit' crack you wouldn't even know."

Zeus came out the bathroom, looking at each man. Studying their behavior.

Victor was by the window, watching out like he was looking for someone. Watcha was sitting in a single chair with his back to the wall, watching the entire room with a perfect view of the front door. Zo's head was buried in his cellphone laughing at TikTok videos and Xan was laid back, eyes closed smoking a blunt.

Each man in the room had very different personalities, but were all efficient and effective in their own way. They had lost one of their main men Pyro on the highway months back when they attempted to assassinate Lotus's wife and kids, but they gained twenty more. These were just his main four.

"Gentlemen, please gather around. We need to discuss the next steps." Zeus announced.

Victor walked over since technically he was the only one over by the window. All the men gathered together to listen to Zeus speak.

"You've all been here for a few days so you're free to go back to your own homes. Staying low does not necessarily mean physically hiding from the world, it just means act like you normally would and stay out the way. You have lives to get too and people around you that would notice how long you've been gone if you were to keep staying here. So you guys are free to go, just keep your cellphones on in case I need to reach you. Questions, comments, concerns?"