12 - "Failed Hit"

Prince looked at his dad King as he clapped his hands while he argued with his mother Queen

Prince looked at his dad King as he clapped his hands while he argued with his mother Queen. It was a normal thing with them, so it didn't bother him. It was entertaining to watch honesty because both his parents were so animated.

King was slim, 6'3 and dark skin. His dad got into a lot of fights at school and apparently got suspended for another fight today. It was kind of weird having a parent in school while he was in school too. Everyone else's parents were old and his dad was in school with a backpack just like him.

Prince didn't know what his mom and dad were arguing about. Something about some guy liking his mom's photos on Instagram, whatever that was. And King beating the guy up over it in the middle of class which caused him to get suspended. Queen was holding his baby sister Princess as she hollered, scared by her parents yelling.

Prince just laid back quiet on the couch, tossing a small handball up in the air as he caught it over and over again.

Alix and Phenix sat next to each other like church mouses. They were familiar with their parents arguing but not other people's. So they didn't know how to handle this situation.

Prince was amused, he could see the twin brothers were scared. His parents fought all the time, so he was use to it.

"You do too much yo'." King accused. "You make me put my hands on these niggas! Taking ass pics in the bathroom for what? Looking like a thot all over social media."

Queen was crying, snot dripping out her nose. Princess was crying seeing her parents fighting.

"You always trying me! You know I don't play like that! And you replying with a heart emoji to him liking your picture?" King accused. "Keep on playing with me and imma slap your ass one day."

"I hate you!" Queen wept.

The teen parents lived in an apartment building Queen's uncle owned. He allowed the two teenagers to stay there but they had to pay their monthly rent. They both had after school jobs and split the rent down the middle. It was tough living with two kids and them being kids as well, but they had EBT and government assistance to help them out.

Queen picked up one of Princess' rattle toys and flung it at him. King quickly closed the front door as a shield where he leapt out into the hall. The toy hit the wood and dropped to the floor.

Alix and Phenix shared a look.

Queen disappeared into the bedroom with her crying daughter and slammed the door making the living room silent. The place was small and cluttered with things. Toys, clothes, boxes of pampers, Amazon packages and Queen's unopened packs of hair weaves and makeup. They were like mini hoarders. The government money helped them to splurge too just as much as it did with other things.

Prince looked at the two brothers. "Wanna watch tv?"

Alix nodded his head not knowing what else to say. Phenix wasn't friends with Prince but since he didn't have any and he didn't have problems with Prince he went to his brother's friend's house today.