15 - "Gray Matter"

Allele was swarmed by employees and gym members the second he walked through the dual glass doors of Wolf

Allele was swarmed by employees and gym members the second he walked through the dual glass doors of Wolf. He was at the spot located in Brooklyn today. It was his most popular location out of the Brooklyn and Manhattan one. Allele was assuming more people interested in Wolf lived in Brooklyn and this was the original spot any way, so naturally it had more traction.

Alix stood beside him holding his dad's hand. The five-year-old had been here a few times but had never seen it this full. It was so busy and lively. There was a lot happening, people everywhere, sparring, loud talking, music going. Alix felt like a big boy seeing all this.

It was 9:20am on a Saturday so the other two boys and Casi wanted to stay home with their mom. Alix wanted to be around his dad so he came with him. Both father and son were looking nice. Alix in a gray Under Amor tracksuit with fresh twists and Allele in a black wife beater and Levi jeans with black Air Force Ones.

Breeze was on the other side of Allele, glaring at him. This nigga swore he was Larry Hoover or something. He was getting dapped up left and right with people surrounding him like groupies.

"Yo' Allele come watch me spar!"

"Allele I need a heavier sparring partner."

"You sponsor boxers to go professional?"

"Allele we need more equipment!"

Questions and comments were coming from gym members and staff alike. Allele was calm, answering everyone's questions. The circle around him was quiet, like Jesus was talking. Breeze had to admit his brother had a dominating presence. People listened when he talked. Breeze could see the love in their eyes for him. He was respected and admired.

Once he answered all questions, Allele finally walked off from the crowd with his son and with Breeze in tow. Allele came to collect some paperwork from his office. He actually didn't come here to chill. He had an endorser for his gym who was introduced through Lotus. The endorser needed to sign physical paperwork, so Lotus was supposed to be stopping by any minute to pick it up. Lotus would hand it off to the guy for him since he knew him well.

Then Allele, Breeze and Alix would go to the mall. Ophelia's birthday was in two weeks so the men wanted to outdo each other with the material things.

Allele left Alix and Breeze standing on the ground floor and went upstairs to his office to grab the paperwork. Alix continued to look around at everything happening. Breeze did too, but with more of a frown. He still remembered three months ago when Mark sucker punched him and knocked him out. Luckily, no one else was there to witness it but Allele and Mark himself.

Something about the men sparring had Alix excited. He wanted to do this. He wanted to be just like his dad.

"What you smiling about little man?" Breeze questioned.

"I want to box."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I wanna be just like my daddy. I want to be super strong and fight like the guys over there." Alix said pointing to the ring with two heavyweight boxers sparring.