10 - "Mouth"

And real it was

And real it was.

Dalton was now dead and buried. Now everyone was headed back to Lotus's mansion for the repast.

The Cadillac ESV Escalade jeep was in complete silence—at least the one that Lotus was in. Lotus sat in the seat behind his driver, his mother in the middle and Noelle on the right who was consoling her. Noelle held Ember's head who was soaking her dress in tears. Noelle rubbed her mother-in-law's arm up and down, telling her everything would be okay.

Lotus looked out the window hearing his mother in pain but not really interacting. It wasn't anything personal against her; he just didn't have it in him to try and console her.

She would be staying with them for a few days. Alternating between him and Locus's house.

White Locus and Mark were in their own vehicle with Cilia and Allele following behind them. Noelle's family was tagging along as well and lastly, Bonnie and Yana.

Noelle looked up at her husband looking out the window. Almost like if he did that, he could pretend his mother wasn't crying and none of this was real.

Tijan was at the house, getting things prepared. He knew it was a bit of a crowd coming so he'd been cooking since morning when they left for the funeral. He would be doing a mix of Gambian and American food so there would be a variety. He also had an assistant chef Lotus went ahead and hired for this occasion so all the pressure wouldn't be put on him.

"I'm right here Ma, whatever you need. You'll get through this." Noelle said, massaging Ember's scalp.

Ember had just witnessed her firstborn son get put six feet under. No matter how old or grown he was, he would always be her baby and it hurt.

Ember eventually fell asleep and at the arrival to the mansion, several cars packed into the front of Lotus' mansion. There was more than enough room for each car to fit. His estate was complete luxury.

Everyone entered the house and the smells of the food greeted everyone's stomach.

Ember opted to pop some pills and go to sleep. Everyone else went to the kitchen to eat. Trying to keep the mood light after just coming from a burial; they all complimented Tijan and the assistant chef Kayla, on the food.

There was a spread of Gambian dishes such as Domoda which was a peanut or groundnut stew, Mbahal which was salted fish, Superkanja an okra stew and Chewi Kong a catfish stew. American dishes such as Kobe beef, Caviar and Chinook salmon were being served. Some small pies and cakes as desert were on the side.

Soon the table was filled with everyone. The Hunters, Colemans, Statins and the Wrights. There were thirteen people in all. Cilia and Allele on one side and next to them was Locus and Mark, then Bonnie and Yana.

On the other side was Noelle, and her two siblings Jeneba and Malik. Next to them were the parents Jatou and Tyler. And at both heads of the table sat Lotus and Kawsu. The table was long and big enough for everyone to be comfortable and have space.