Ancient Mother • 2

.•+•.

I shall grant you the gift of life, birth, and death. ~

~ Three Months later...

"Adam, isn't this wonderful?" Lynn held her stomach and smiled at her husband. Adam smiled back at her. "The most wonderful thing that could happen." Adam put his hand on his third wife's stomach.

Lilith and Eve stood far, looking at the happy couple and their accomplishment. Eve looked at Lilith. "So he gave her a baby?" Eve said.

"I guess so, atleast she gets to experience the pain of birth all thanks to you." Lilith laughs, Eve giggled at the thought, "I'm glad I ate the apple."

Adam and Lynn smiled at eachother, excited about their new soon to be family. They both held onto Lynn's stomach thinking about the amazing family they will soon to have.

"What do you think it will be?" Lynn looked up from her stomach and looked at Adam, who was still admiring her stomach. "I'm not sure." He looked up at his wife. "I'll love them either way."

Lynn kissed her love, and began to rub her stomach. "I love them already." She smiled.

•+*+• | Five Months Later

"Adam, could you please help me!" Lynn held onto her knees catching her breath, "I can't move this bucket of water." She dropped the large bucket of water onto the ground, some spilling out of the sides.

"Why didn't you tell me you needed to move this? I could've done it for you." Adam ran over to Lynn, easily picking up the bucket and moving it away. "Are you okay?" He walked back over and asked.

"I- I don't know-" Lynn was cut off when the sound of water spilling shocked her, Adam looked down at his wife's legs and saw water dripping down. "Honey let's get you to lay down-" Adam picked up his wife and carried her to a small bed where she could lay down. "Stay here, I'll- uh- be right back!" Adam runs out of the garden and goes into the forest to find something.

"Ahh-" Lynn held her stomach as she began to feel contractions, "Adam, I need help!" She yelled for her husband.

"I'm here!" Adam ran back with a small cloth and that same bucket of water and placed them next her her bed. He dipped the small cloth into the bucket of cold water and placed it into her forehead. "Keep this here, you don't need to overheat." Adam says.

"Adam! I can't-" Lynn was cut off by another strong contraction, meanwhile Lilith and Eve began to walk over to the small area where Lynn was in labor.

"You did it." Lilith whispered into Eve's ear. Eve giggled and nodded as they went back to watching Adam try to help his distressed wife.

"You can do it, baby." Adam grabbed his wife's hand, she instantly began to squeeze it as her contractions began to get worse. "I know you can." He says.

"Adam, I can't!" Lynn screams, Lilith and Eve began to widen their eyes, shocked at her words. Eve looked at Lilith "Maybe she can't."

"Push baby, push." Adam instructed his wife. Lynn began to push, but started to cry and scream at the pain. "Adam, help me!" Lynn screamed.