Chapter 29 (Revelations in the Snowfall)

Gwen and Junior were walking together trying to find something to catch.

But most of the prey were hiding because of the snow and they were getting worried.

A few Snow drops started to fall. Junior seemed amused but it but Gwen couldn't.

It meant the ending of autumn and the beginning of a rough time for all of the Kingdoms.

Gwen: You are so sweet. I bet you would be a great apprentice one day.

Junior: You think so!

The pure white snow started to layer on Gwen's grey blue hair and made it light.

Gwen: Hopefully soon. Let's keep a move on.

A noise of complaint was heard from a bush and Gwen stood in front of Junior.

She didn't know what was in the bush but she knew that she had to protect Junior.

Some strange being came out of the bush like she shifted from her animal form.

But she had pointed ears and a bushy tail. She did not look like a cat.

She was a Kitsune!

The Kitsune had hair as orange as the sun and white skin tanned by an outdoor life.

Her naked body was covered by the bush but it was obvious that she wasn't wearing clothes.

She tried talking to the two cat people but it didn't make sense to Gwen.

But when she turned to Junior he had a look of understanding in his dark green eyes.

Junior: It is okay. My name is Junior what is your name.

Once again the Kitsunes words could not be understood by Gwen except for the word Trixx.

Gwen: What is going on? Who is that.

Junior turned to face Gwens curious gaze.

Junior: Her name is Trixx and she is a friend to the rogues here.

Gwen: But how do they understand her?

Junior turned to Trixx and asked her the question. She seemed to be understanding and answered.

Junior: She said there is another like me. You would not have met her. But they can talk.

Gwen: So it isn't normal for Cats and Kitsunes to be able to understand each other.

The yellow-haired kid shock his head slowly.

Junior: No it isn't normal

Gwen: Trixx? Are there other Kitsunes near by?

Trixx seemed cunfused and Junior had to ask again using the Kitsune language.

Once she understood what she was asked she seemed sad and spoke to Junior.

Junior: No. She is the only one.

A great feeling of guilt fell over Gwen. She had always had her Kingdom so she was never alone.

But Trixx was alone in species and understanding.

Gwen: Tell Trixx that she always has friends in Mist Kingdom.

Junior smiled and told Trixx what Gwen had told him.

Trixx smiled with gratitude and left the bush.

She used her tail to hide her exposed body and she turned to stay something to Junior.

Trixx: Bye Junior, Gwen

The pair waved her off and seemed happy. They then walked on.

But not for food this time. They just wanted to hang out.

The sun started to set turning the land red. And a cat girl went to meet them.

????????????: I am glad I ran into you two.

????????????: I have gathered your Kingdom pals. We need to chat.

Gwen: Of course Butterscotch. Wherever you need us we will go.

Butterscotch: Thank you

The white-haired rogue lead them to the other Mist Kingdom cats.

Alice: Gwen! How did your hunt go?

Gwen: It went well.

Alice: That is great

Butterscotch: Yes. Very good. I also have some good news.

Butterscotch: The battle has finished and Chris told me that you must return home.

The Kingdom cats were so excited and thanked Butterscotch for all her help.

Only Pete seemed upset. The Elder was clearly thinking about his lost friend.

Ella went up to the elderly warrior and said some words to him trying to chear him up.

Alice: Mist Kingdom will never forget the help you rogues gave to us. You will always have us.

Butterscotch: I wish well on your Kingdom. You have always been kind to us.

Her words made Alice curious and the others did not know why.

Alice: Do you have a close friendship with Chris?

Butterscotch: Yes, you could say that. How come?

Alice: Because I want answers. You would not happen to know my parents do you?

Butterscotch: I did know your father but I never had the pleasure of meeting your mother.

Alice: Who was our father?

Know Gwen and Pin were curious as well. The three had kept their secret of them being siblings.

But the pair wanted to know just as much as Alice.

Butterscotch: I don't think he would be happy with me telling you but you should know.

Butterscotch: The three of you should know.

The three siblings gatheringed closer and the other members of the group were surprised.

Not a single sound was made and the air was in suspense.

Butterscotch: Your father is closer to you than you know.

Butterscotch: You see Chris is your father.

She looked at the three siblings all of them were to shocked to say anything.

Butterscotch: Please don't bring it up to him. He never wanted to hide it from you. He loves you.

Alice: What ever you say Butterscotch

This comment got mixed signals from Gwen and Pin but they didn't say anything.

Butterscotch: I think it is time for you to go. I am sure Chris is waiting for you.

Alice: That he is. Let's not keep him waiting. Thanks again.

Slowly and sorely she lead the others into the Kingdom Camp holding her belly in pain.

--------------------------------------------------
Word Count: 943

Why do I torture you with my awful writing!?

I promised I would calm down~ 😼🔮