Crack

A few months back - flashback

"Kim Taehyung," Jimin came running into the public library as everyone glared at him for making noise.

He rolled his eyes and saw Tae standing by the romance section looking at a heavy classic book.

"Tae?" Jimin threw both his hands in the air, "What you doing here? We are waiting for you by the door.

Pouting, Tae put the heavy book back on the shelf. He had no time to read a heavy book with the projects piled up.

Jimin chuckled, "Don't tell me you want to read some shitty romantic book? You are so like Sara. You people want to read all this nonsense and stay delulu forever."

Tae was now offended, "What's wrong with reading some romance?"

"It does not make sense, Tae," Jimin replied, unable to understand Tae's point, "All these classic love stories - oh my god - so stupid. Romeo and Juliet. Dying for your love. Who does that? You know how corrupt the world is now - people murder their love rather than die for someone."

Tae smiled, his eyes shining, "Yes exactly. Even in these corrupt times - imagine someone - someone out there for you - who will die for you. I know it sounds crazy but that's what love should be no? Full of madness and craze?"

Jimin laughed and pulled his friend out of the library, "You are so delulu Tae. You don't wanna date anyone because of your studies but you want the ultimate romance."

Tae giggled and nodded his head playfully.

Flashback ends

Something snapped in Tae when he saw Jungkook lying on his lap bleeding. His eyes closed. Tae saw it. He saw how the light slowly left Jungkook's eyes.

That was enough to snap something in Tae.

To crack the stone of heart that Tae had.

When they put Jungkook in the ambulance Tae also got in with them. Jungkook lying on the stretcher as Tae sat beside him. Jungkook's wrist was bandaged and the blood flow was stopped.

But Tae's tears didn't stop.

"Hey - stop crying," Hope put his hand on Tae's shoulder who was sitting with Yoongi, "He will be fine. Everything will be fine."

But Tae didn't even hear a word. He kept on crying holding Jungkook's other hand.

His tears fell on Jungkook's face. His face was so calm and serene.

No smirk. No sly smiles.

No begging. No crying.

It looked like he was sleeping.

Moving his finger over the scar on his cheekbone Tae whispered eyes full of tears, "Sorry."

Once they reached the hospital it was utter chaos. The patient was immediately taken into casualty but once they realised what Jungkook had done they started to back off.