Happily Ever After

"Mother - please - please," Jungkook ran to his mother and folded his hands begging, "Why - why are you here? I beg you to stop whatever you are doing?"

Mrs. Jeon pushed her glasses off her face and handed to her husband, "And what am I doing Kook? His parents called us to talk. That is why we are here. Don't create a scene."

Mr. Jeon spoke calmly, "Kook its not what you think."

"I create a scene or is it you two?" Mrs. Jeon angrily snarled.

She eyed Tae who was standing shaking, his fingers intertwined in Jungkook's.

"Afraid - I will tell his parents everything?"

Jungkook spoke angrily, "They know everything about us mother."

Mrs. Jeon chuckled and tilted her head, "Is it? Do they know that my dearest son tried to kill himself because he rejected you?"

Tae looked up with glassy eyes and begged, "Please no - don't do this Mrs. Jeon. Please!"

At that moment, the door opened and Mr. Kim invited everyone inside. 

As much as Mrs. Jeon hated Tae she couldn't help but feel the warmth coming from Tae's parents. They were good people and it showed in their mannerisms.

"We wanted to meet you and thank you since so long Mr. and Mrs. Jeon," Mr. Kim began and spoke to highly of Jungkook.

Mrs. Jeon sat with her head high. 

She instantly loved Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

"Jungkook is like our second son - we love him so much - and the love he has for our boy," Mrs. Kim continued and they felt the atmosphere cool down. 

Despite that Tae and Jungkook were tensed. If Mrs. Jeon spat some venom everything will be ruined. But Jungkook trusted his dad. He had control over his wife. 

"And when Tae's dad got sick - it was Jungkook who helped so much," Mrs. Kim narrated the incident and both the Jeons were shocked.

They still had no idea that Jungkook was the one who paid Mr. Kim's hospital bills.

Mrs. Jeon looked down to stop the tears, "My Kook is precious. I know that. We did neglect him in the past but he still turned out fine. And I know -"

Her eyes lingered on Tae for a while who held his breath, "I know he will die for your son. I know the intensity of their love."

Tae held Jungkook's hand tight waiting for her to say something nasty. But she didn't.

"You have a lovely house Mrs. Kim," Mrs. Jeon smiled sweetly, "But we should leave now - right?"

Mr. Jeon put the glass down and nodded his head.

Mrs. Kim asked them to visit again for dinner or lunch.