The Kim Brothers

There was absolute silence in the living room of the Kims. 

Tae looked up at the watch and saw it was already midnight. Thankfully, his parents arrived after sometime and spoke to Jin and Namjoon.

They explained how Jungkook had changed and how they have accepted their relationship. But still - Namjoon wasn't so sure about Jungkook.

He had seen Tae - in his worst. Those panic attacks - therapy sessions. The suffering. 

How could he forget all that suddenly?

Jin licked his lips and spoke breaking the silence, "I think - if Tae is happy then perhaps we should just drop this now. I mean -"

"No!" Namjoon spoke in a harsh tone shaking his head, "I can't. I want to know if this boy is worth our Tae's time."

Jungkook looked up nervous wanting to speak but the big man was scary.

Tilting his head, Namjoon spoke again, "Tell me Jungkook - do you think you two have a future?"

Tae opened his mouth to speak but Namjoon stopped him. That just made the boy cry even more.

Jungkook was worried. Tae had been crying a lot. He might catch a fever or something. 

Despite everyone gawking at them, he held Tae's hand gently, "Yes hyung. We have a future together. I will marry Tae - perhaps soon."

"Soon?" Namjoon raised his eyebrow and let out a laugh, "Oh Jungkook - seriously? Since you speak of marriage - let me ask you - what you have to offer to our Tae?"

Jungkook looked at his future in-laws for support and saw them giving him a warm smile.

At least, they had accepted him.

"I - we will -"

Namjoon interrupted him, "What? Your big house? Your big mansion? Your love? What else you have Jungkook? That house - mansion is your father's not yours. What have you done in your entire life rather than bullying our brother? If we remove that Jeon surname tell me where do you stand? Where? After removing that Jeon surname - can you give our Tae the luxurious life?"

Jungkook was numb. He had no words to speak. 

His hands began to shake 

Namjoon was right.

What was he without that Jeon surname?

"Your own father made Tae your boss because he saw the skills our boy has. But you? What skills do you have Jungkook?" Namjoon asked again even though Jin told him to calm down.

Licking his lip, Jungkook just sat speechless.

Tae squeezed Jungkook's hand and turned his face around to see his boyfriend crying silently.