Horse books and racewire operations

My family has been involved in horse racing since the mid 1800's when my father's great uncle developed a winning thoroughbred from his stock ofAndalusia horses he bought in Slidell. He built stables on his north shore farm and began hosting races at his private harness racing track.
      By 1940 his sportswire operation had branched out many hundreds of miles away from the center of the action in New Orleans, they had a man in every major southern city who would take bets and funnel the money back to the city.      My great uncle became very wealthy and was able to buy hundreds of acres in Louisiana and Mississippi, he eventually bought property in Panama City, Fl. which was developed into a resort visited by Santo Tragfficante, Meyer Lansky, and Lucky Luciano. Situated in between two mafia empires, Trafficante to the east and Marcello to the west. He worked as an intermediary between the two men and considering that he was 10 years older than both of them he had seniority when it came to operating business in Mississippi. He was a consigliere to both men and was greatly respected. His mansion on Scenic Drive near the Pass Christian harbor was the location of many meetings between the three men.