CHAPTER 14

As the GC continued to play and with our friendship growing it was on the top of of the world.

We gang were having really fun these padt few days and I and Derek have been spending more time not just with others but also alone, and whenever I'm with him alone I kinda freak out and some weird thing happens in my stomach.

It's the same feeling when I was at high school and has a crush.

But i know this can't be right.

Right?
Right.

Anyways , with us grils having talking with other players late at nigh, sometimes Maya and sometimes ne, we had a 50-50 share to talk but Derek wouldn't let me talk to anyone after he hears me talk and so I didn't and just guard around for Maya.

With the calls and H4 winning I also saw some hidden talents of my friends, mummy champion at caram board, Bevda at Chess with Anni's talents at cricket, vollyball and Basketball and with Derek and Acid athletics, we have a 60 percentage chance to win and to add that naight calls and that special way to win from acod and others it would be 40 percentage which means 100 percentage to win.

Oh that would be soo great.

Today it is relay race, where Derek and Acid will be performing so we all are here at the standa cheering for them.

Derek and Acid were warming up before the race starts. Derek looked at me as I hyped them up.

He smiled at me, I waved at him excitedly. He waved back and winked at me.

I widened my eyes but acted cool and show him a thumbs up and sat down with my cheeks heating up.

The race started line. One by one, the competitors stood at the starting line, bending down as they waited to begin. The referee blew into the whistle, and they went off, running.

We all watched in anticipation, seeing how the H4 representatives started to fall behind. Derek leaned over to Acid, saying something, and the lad nodded, standing at his spot, waiting for Suraj to hand over the baton.

As Suraj neared Acid, he began to run, going into a full-on sprint as he started to decrease the distance between the players. You cheered and whooped with your friends, watching as Acid got to third place, giving Derek the baton and stopping, hunching over as he caught his breath.

Derek easily surpassed the other runners and ran through the finish line, stopping a few steps forward due to momentum. The crowd erupted into cheers, with Maya and I hugging each other tightly in celebration.

"YAHH!! DEREK!!" I shouted at top of my lungs and immediately ran out of the stands and towards him.
"You two did so great!" I exclaimed hugging Derek and Acid.

"Thank you Y/n" Acid smiled then the other players came and congratulated him.

I turned to Derek and beamed at him." I'm so proud of you." I hugged him tightly and kissed him in his cheeks.

I pulled away and the others came to congratulate them.

"Derek, what happened bro?" Sexa asked, we turned our attention to him to see him standing at the same place like a statue.

"Derek" Anni shook him.

"DEREK!" Acid shouted.

He jumped, blinking he looked around and chuckled weirdly.

"What happened?" We asked.

"N-nothing." He smiled.

After the match we all decided to go enjoy at the canteen and eat something good.

So we all went to change and I wore a short sleeveless kurti and Jeans, with a small jhumka and a light makeup.

Maya was wearing her mid length dress with her signature hairstyle.

We two made it to the canteen but no sign of the boys.

We waited there for a minute when we saw them coming together.

"What took y'all so long?" Maya asked.

"Probably their hair." I tched, setting Mummy's hair properly and Sexa's too.

"M-mine too!" Derek exclaimed.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Uh...my hair is not.. setting.."

"Oh but it's looks fine-"

"No, for me it doesn't." He looked at me with pleasing eyes.

I walked closer to him, stood on my tiptoes and settled his hair. His hair is so smooth, what's his shampoo?

I felt a hand on my waist, and I looked in his eyes, the dark brown eyes staring down at me and when he touched me the shiver that formed made me turn my head.

"Kutta." I hit his arm and walked away.