CHAPTER 17

For the next match, we girls were just chilling in our hostel and talking with others and with some games too. There was going to be another competition, the 42kg weight lifting competition.

And so, from girls side, Dulhari Pitroda was going to do it as she is 42 kgs and we think there won't be any other girls or boys so we think she'll win this. 

Is what we thought we'll win when we saw, at the competition day, they H4 boys had got a skinny lad, whom they call Danda was presented. 

Maya and I had been unaware of this entire situation, which led up to the predicament we were in right now.

We all made eye-contact, shocked at the others being there, before Sexa came over, sitting next to Maya. 

"Why would you two cheat us like this?" Sexa asked, looking between us. 

"How would we know that you would bring this 42 kgs gem." Maya said. 

"See if you can get her to withdraw." He said. 

"It's too late yrr." Maya shook her head. 

"You lost your chance." I sighed. 

He looked down, upset and walked back to his seat. He whispered to them and their faces fall down. 

Anni seemed to be telling something to Danda, who then looked at the crowd of the boys with Acid looking like he was threatening him.

The competition began with Pitroda going up first. 

"Akad bakad-"Sexa began.

"Abey Sexa, ladki hai." Derek said.

"Sorry." Sexa nodded.

I chuckled softly.

"Chalo chalo, c'mon!" I started to shout, girls following me. 

"Come on Pitroda!" Maya yelled out. 

Pitroda easily lifted up the weight, eliciting cheers from both sides of the room.

Danda went up, and the boys' side broke out in loud shouts of encouragement or more as threats.

"Beta bacha le khud ko!" Anni said, confusing us.

Acid said something we couldn't hear, wagging his finger at Danda, who looked at him nervously.

The boy lifted the bar up with little struggle, and again the boys' side cheered.Another two plates were added to the barbell, and the next round commenced.

Both Pitroda and Danda managed to lift up the bar and hold it, although they both struggled much more this time.As Pitroda was attempting to lift the heavier bar, I saw Acid mouthing and gesturing to leave it, as the other boys looked on in anticipation.

When she was unable to lift it, everyone clapped, and Sexa yelled, "Well tried, well tried!" as Maya and I rolled our eyes at him.

Danda was now up, quickly praying as he prepared to lift the bar. "Come on Danda!" the boys cheered. He struggled initially, eventually bringing it up to his shoulders. All the boys were on the edge of their seats, slowly rising as Danda held the bar up, knees shaking from the heavy weight.

One second passed, two, three, and the judge finally held up the green pad, blowing his whistle. The boys' side erupted into cheers and whistles, Anni running up to Danda and chest bumping him, causing the lanky boy to fall down.

We laughed, seeing how enthusiastic they were. Anni lifted him on to his shoulders and carried him out, the H4 boys following him as they yelled out in celebration.