Chapter-17

Alexis's Pov

Dad and Matt left my room, I felt a bit defeated as I sat on my bed, my knees folded as I wrapped my arms around it.

I can't be weak. If I'm weak, I won't be able to survive. That's how it always was and always will be.

I can't just trust them yet, I know jack said that they are good people who will treat me the best but I just can't. It's hard for me to trust someone so quick.

And if they really are my family, then, do I have the right to hate them? For not being able to find me earlier? For letting me go through that abuse?

I took a deep breath to calm myself down, before standing up. My knees were weak and I could barely stand up straight but I did.

I walked towards the bathroom carefully as I took a pair of clothes out of my bag.

The tiles were cold as I stepped near the sink and kept my clothes on the cabinet.

Taking deep breaths, I looked at myself in the mirror.

I picked up the toothbrush while leaning against the sink as I brushed my teeth.

I then walked into the shower after brushing my teeth and showered.

It felt cold. The water was cold. The ceramic floor of the bathtub was also cold.

I quickly changed into the outfit I had brought and walked outside the bathroom, switching the lights off,

The outfit:

I picked up the phone and it was almost 7am

I was unsure of what to do next so I just walked downstairs, hoping matt and dad wouldn't bring up what happened a few moments ago.

"Good Morning, mio amore" Alec smiled as he walked with me down the stairs,

I gave him a nod with a small smile, I still couldn't speak up.

We both walked into the dinning room where everyone was looking at us,

"You're up early" logan smiled as he pulled the chair beside him for me

"Yeah" my tone was low, almost a whisper as I sat down.

"So, how are you? Feeling better?" Harry asked, I turned my gaze towards him and noticed matt trying to avoid eye contact with me.

Is this it? Is everyone soon gonna turn up like matt and just ignore my presence from now on? Now that Matt has realised how disgusting I am, he probably hates me, is that why father, Damon isn't here?

I took a deep breath trying to shut my overthinking, I knew it wasn't true. It couldnt be. Right?

"I'm fine now, thanks for asking" I smiled at Harry but my voice was still low,

I couldn't help myself occasionally glance at matt, him avoiding my gaze only made me more and more worried.

But why was I worried? I don't trust them, I don't like them. I hate them. Why should I care what they think of me? Right?

"Alexis?" Harry called out, I soon realised I was zoned out.

"Sorry, yeah?" I replied as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Everything okay?" Logan asked, his tone was worried. But was he actually? Dosent matter

"Yep" I replied with a small smile. Its pretty easy to hide your true emotions once you get the hang of it.

"Well, dad has some work. He won't be attending breakfast" Matt finally spoke, my gaze was now on the table. I didn't look at him.

I saw from the corner of my eye that logan nodded to Matt's statement.

"Alex and Matt, they both are in school" logan started to speak as he turned to me and I looked at him,

"You will be joining their school soon, don't worry. I just want to let you know that those two will be there if there's any emergency" logan continued, his face was neutral.

I nodded to him,

"Alexis, you have a mouth. Please speak" logan said to me, making me a bit uncomfortable,

"Sorry, yes. I understand" I muttered,

"Matt and Alec will take you to school today, don't worry. They will just give you a tour and get you your books, schedule, locker, etc" logan continued,

"Okay" I replied, my gaze turned back to the table from logan.

Logan is sure getting mood swings.

Before the breakfast was served, I asked to excuse myself from the table to which logan opposed but Matt convinced logan.

I left and walked back to my room, locking the doors as I entered the room.

I wrapped my arms around myself. Trying to comfort myself like old times. These changes were killing me. The only thing same was the missions.

I took deep breaths as I sat on the floor against the door.

I was being dramatic and weak.

Someone knocked on my door which honestly made me flinch so bad.

I got up and dusted myself off as I opened the door.

"oh, hey" I looked at matt,

"Wanna go? School" matt asked me, his voice low.

I nodded,

I guess they aren't forcing me to eat now?

Matt and I walked down the stairs and went straight through the front door,

"Alec won't be coming with us, some work unfortunately came up" matt spoke as we sat in a car.

We both in the backseat as the driver started to drive. It was silent until,

"Do you wanna talk about what happened earlier morning?" Matt spoke up, turning his gaze towards me

I looked at him, "It's not anything serious and it dosent happen often" I started but then stopped, chuckling to myself which made matt a bit confused,

"seriously, don't worry. I just get these dreams and find mom with me, talking to me about how my life is going and that just makes me a bit sad. She's not here with me anymore and I mean with us, actually" I smiled softly as I looked at him, my face displaying some hurt emotions as well, these were lies, obviously. Why would I tell them the truth?

"Mio amore" matt spoke softly as he leaned closer and wrapped his arms around me, he was sympathetic of me, of my sad fake story.

He finally pulled himself away after a couple of seconds and looked at me, holding my hand trying to comfort me, we sat in silence until we reached school.

Holy fuck. Why is this school so big? Is this even a school?