01

Its the last day before my best friend Tess and I leave for college. We have been friends for years we always told each other that we would always be best friends even if we were in completely different states. That moment has finally come. Tess and I are departing from each other for the very first time.

"Tess i'm gonna miss you so much i can't."I claimed while folding my clothes looking at Tess doing the same threw the phone. 

We both decided to Face time while packing up all our stuff.  

"I'll miss you more."She replied starting to cry as I did the same. 

I then started to hear my parents arguing.

"You okay?"Tess asks over the phone. 

"Yeah, my parents are just fighting thats all."I quietly responded. 

"Well once you get to Uconn you won't have to listen to anyone fighting and arguing hm?"Tess said cheering me up. 

"That actually sounds so exciting."I smiled. 

"Okay well I'm gonna hang up now so I can say bye to my parents and then stop by your house to say bye to you in person."Tess stated. 

"Okay! See you soon."I reply. 

I then taped my last box up and started carrying them all to my car. I kept walking past the living room where my parents were arguing. Can they just like each other for 5 minutes?

"Honey what college are you going to again?"My mom stopped me. 

"Uconn."I mumbled then walked out the door to put another box in my car. 

"Okay guys..uhm.. it's time for me to...yeah they don't care."I said talking to my parents before talking to myself. 

As I closed the door and locked it i turned around to see Tess's car pulling into the driveway next to mine. 

I started to cry knowing she's going to be so far away from me. I seriously don't know what i'm gonna do without her. Like yeah we can facetime but that's not the same. 

"Aww Lana, don't cry!"Tess said running up to me pulling me into a hug as I hug her tightly. 

"I'm gonna miss you so much Tess."I said sobbing in her chest. 

"I'm gonna miss you too."Tess replied as she started to cry. 

We both just hugged before we pulled away and said our final goodbyes. 

"Bye lana, I love you so much, call me once you get to your dorm okay."Tess said walking back to her car. 

"Okay, I will! And bye I love you too."I said wiping away tears. 

I unlocked my car and got in the drivers seat. I hooked up my bluetooth to the radio and started playing my playlist I made for this car ride. It has Sza, Michal Jackson, Bryson Tiller, Clairo, Boygenious, etc. 

I then started backing out the drivway while singing Snooze by sza. 

The drive from my town to Uconn is 10 hours so we've got a long car ride ahead of us. 

Time skip*

I have about an hour before I had to actually be at Uconn so I decided to go to target and get some things I need. Such as shampoo,conditioner,body wash,toothbrush,toothpaste,pens,deodorant etc. 

I checked out my items and looked down at my phone and saw that I had 9 minutes until I needed to be at Uconn to get my dorm room. 

"Shit." I mumbled to myself speed walking to my car. 

I finally made it at Uconn just in time and went to the office. 

"Hello! I'm here to get a dorm room."I said to the lady sitting at the front desk. 

"Okay, what's your name?"

"Lana Coesette."

"Okay your dorm room is 204, you have a roommate by the way."The lady stated. 

"Okay, thank you!"

I then walked out to my car and started to find the area where the dorms are. I then found them and grabbed some important boxes to bring up with me. After walking about a thousand stairs I finally made it to my dorm. I jiggled the key in the lock and the door opened. I saw a girl laying in her bed. She has a curly hair in a bun and shes wearing a Uconn wbb hoodie and some Nike sweatpants. 

"Oh hi! You must be my new roommate?"The girl looked up at me getting out of her bed. 

I looked at her and smiled while nodding. Why didn't I respond verbally omg. 

"You need help with your things and unpacking?"She asked. 

"Uhm, I mean if you don't mind that would be great."I quietly replied. 

"I don't mind."She said as we walked down to my car. 

"My name is Aubrey by the way."

I nodded my head giving her a nice smile. 

"My name is Lana." I said. 

Finally we made it down to the spot where my car was parked and I unlocked the car and then opened the trunk. 

"Damn girl, that's a lot of boxes."Aubrey said in shock. 

I laughed a little. 

"Well you never know when you need something, so I just brought everything I was 100% sure about and then some things I thought I might need."I replied picking up some boxes as Aubrey did the same. 

"I understand that."She said closing the trunk for me as we went back to the dorm. 

Time skip*

"Lana!!"Aubrey yelled from my room.

"What!!" I replied walking over to her. 

Aubrey and I told each other about ourselves and we formed a bond pretty quick. She told me that she's on the basketball team and she wants me to meet the team soon. She also told me she has a girlfriend.

"I can't get it open!"Aubrey said trying to get this one bag with a stubborn zipper on it. 

"I told you it was stubborn."I laughed taking the bag out of Aubrey's hands. 

The bag was just a bag with some old stuff from my childhood that Aubrey wanted to see.

"There you go."I handed her the bag before heading back into the kitchen. 

I was making Aubrey and I Mac and cheese because i'm really tired and don't feel like doing anything fancy for dinner. 

"Who's this?"Aubrey asked holding up and picture of Tess and I. 

I walked over to the entrance of the room not going all the way in. 

"Oh that's my friend Tess!"

"Is she gay?"Aubrey asked. 

"How'd you know?!"I said sarcastically. 

Tess had a massive glow up this year. She found out she was lesbian and she found the type of style she liked. Which was like that masc Nike sporty dressed lesbian. 

Aubrey laughed then put the picture back. 

The Mac and cheese finally was done and so I got two bowls and filled them up with Mac and cheese for Aubrey and I. 

"Aubrey It's ready!"

"Coming!"Aubrey replied.