4. Ken

Kenji knocked on the door continuously, just to irritate his best friend.
Y/n looked at DARK with panic lacing her gaze.

"Quick! Hide!" She muttered, watching the big shinigami roll his eyes.

"Do you think I can hide behind the curtains? Anyways, no one can see me except the one who touches the death note." He explained, munching on the last donut he had.

She sighed in relief and opened the door only to be pulled in a tight hug, that almost squished her heart out.

"I missed you!!" Kenji beamed, as he pulled back and jumped on her bed, before giving a smack to her head.
She stood unbothered by the boy, as her eyes gazed at the shinigami, who stood at the middle, looking at kenji.

"Is he having strokes?" Dark asked, pointing his long bony finger at kenji, who was now galring at Y/n.

"I said I missed you! Don't you think you should reply me back?!" Kenji asked shooting a glare at her, throwing his hands in the air, with a slight pout on his lips.

"I....missed you too" She forced out a slight smile, as her mind was still roaming around the mysterious death note.

Shit.

I forgot to hide the notebook.

Kenji looked around the room in a suspicious manner, as his eyes narrowed.

"Why does it look like a black cloud is above your room? Too....dark." He muttered, as the corner of Y/n's lips twitched at his words.

Don't be too observant, Ken.

She heard the shinigami cackle above her head.

"Looks like your friend is a little smart"

"K-ken, let's go to the living room. I've got the new anime downloaded in my DVD." She trailed off, trying to, somehow, get him out of her room.

Kenji smiled, as his eyes sparkled, and he exclaimed, "Really? Let's go, then!"

He ran out of her room, as she quickly kept the death note in her drawer, and sighed in relief.
She got down the stairs, followed by the God of death.

Kenji was already seated on the sofa, and the TV was on.
He quickly started the anime, when Y/n sat beside him on the sofa as well.

"Y/n. One morning, I saw you with the most popular guy of our school, and the famous model, Misa Amane." Kenji muttered, as a hint of jealousy laced his voice.

"How come you get both of their's attention?" He added, glancing at the girl beside him, as he shoved donuts in his mouth.
Dark stared at him, with an unreadable expression.

She looked at Kenji, before answering with an eye roll, "I don't care who they are, and I just happened to bump into them. Why did you ask, though?"

He shrugged and replied,"It's nothing. Just wanted to tell you I don't like him"

She tilted her head in confusion, then asked," why?..."

"I just feel weird about him. Whenever he's around, something terrible happens..."

"This kid's intuition hits a little different than everyone else, Y/n"