13. Failed

Misa soon, was surrounded by her fans, who impatiently started asking for autographs and selfies. Light's eye twitched on being surrounded by so many people.

Attention. The thing he hated the most.

"Yagami - kun! Is Misa Amane your girfriend...?!" One of the fans, asked. 

Lovely.

"uh... yeah." He muttered, as Misa snaked her arm around his arm, with a proud smile on her face.

Unfortunately...

"Ofcourse! It had to be Light!..." One of the jealous boys, in the crowd, mumbled to themselves.

L was standing among the crowd, as his gaze bored holes on the couple. He saw light's smile twitch slightly, almost as if he was faking everything he was right then.

Suddenly, Misa freaked when she sensed someone touching her lower back.

"AH!! Who just touched my butt?!" 

L stood in between the crowd taking a step forward with slightly wide eyes. "Sexually harassing someone is an unforgivable act! i shall catch the culprit who has committed this!!"

Hearing L's words, Light's eyebrow furrowed slightly.

Truly disgusting.

Misa's manager managed to squeez himself inside the crowd, before looking at her with a scowl on his face.

"Misa misa! we are getting late for the photoshoot!" 

She pouted before sparing a glance at her boyfriend, then at the manager, "Can't i stay a little longer?..." 

But those doll eyes weren't gonna convince her manager. He was stubborn.

"Nope!..." 

That's how, she was dragged away, even if she wasn't in the mood to go.

Light sighed, as the crowd dispersed. He looked at L and smiled. "Ryuuga, How come you are here in university today?..."

"I thought you were afraid to go out so that Kira doesn't see your face..." He added, His voice held a slight sense of mockery in it, that didn't go unnoticed by the detective.

"It seems that i have something important to tell you, Light. You may not be very pleased to hear that, i assume." L muttered, as his thumb touched his lips, totally ignoring the brunette's question.

Light frowned upon hearing that. What could possibly go wrong now? He has gotten Misa to see L, and now what he needs to do is call her and ask her for his real name. He is certain that, L is gonna die now. This game is gonna be over for good.

"I still suspect that you are certainly Kira and second Kira is, in fact, Misa Amane. Your percentage of being the culprit hasn't gone down since day 1. In fact, it has only increased..." The detective muttered. It was no surprise to Light, as he was already planning to kill L in some pretty creative ways.

"I think i can't do anything about it. If i even try to protest, you'll only suspect me more." Light sighed before trailing off.

"Very well..." L muttered, turning around to leave.

Light smirked in victory and swiftly called Misa. 

Suddenly, his head turned to L, who was walking until a phone rang in his pocket. He took out a red flip phone from his pocket, before holding it loosely, near his ears.

Light's eye twitched.

Misa's phone?

"Hello?..." L asked, on the phone.

"This is no joke, L!" Light spat. L turned around with an unbothered look in his black eyes, facing the brunette..

"Why did you steal Misa's phone?!" He snapped more, sensing that the detective doesn't even consider answering him. He wanted an explanation.

"Oh, maybe a little misplacement." L replied, shortly.

Light's eyes narrowed at the ravenette's behavior.

Whatever. I'll just call on Misa's other phone and have L's real name from her.

Let's get this over with.

Another ring from a phone on L's other pocket was heard. It was his own mobile, this time. He picked it between his thumb and index finger, holding it loosely near his ears.

"Yes?... I understand." L replied on the phone call, before hanging up, and facing Light. 

"Light i have a bad news for you. Misa Amane has been arrested as a prime suspect of being the second Kira..." L mumbled, scanning the said boy's expression, which darkened over time.

"And why in the hell would you do that?!" Light questioned, as he gritted his teeth.

"The audio tapes that were sent by the second kira had a hair stuck on it. Upon searching Miss Amane's room, apparently, we found the same DNA of hair. As the evidence states, we have to arrest her for quite a while, until we get some info out of her."

Light was in a disheveled state, clenching his fist and gritting his teeth. But ofcourse, he was no one to show these expressions infront of someone, who suspects him to be a mass murderer, which he actually is.

Ryuk couldn't hold back his grin, at the deduction of  L, who spoke out everything, so bluntly, infront of Light.

Dammit!

I can't contact her...

Unfortunately, I have to go with what K wants, now.

His eyes darkened.