10. Tricked

As predicted by L, a second audio was sent in the Sakura TV and aired in the channel.
Everyone in the taskforce listened to its every word, carefully.

"At 5pm tomorrow, the package will be kept. It contains exactly the most important information that connects kira's dots. If you trust me, come in warehouse 5. If you don't trust me, it's your loss... I can't care less about it."

L was sitting on his chair, with his knees folded upto his chest. Sleep was nowhere to be found.
A faint sound of footsteps increased, then, halted near him. He turned his head to see, Light's father, Soichiro Yagami.

"Can't sleep?" L asked, glancing at him.
Mr. Yagami sighed and nodded, before taking his place on the sofa, adjacent to L.

"Mr. Yagami, if I die one day suddenly, then keep in mind, that Light, IS the real kira." L said out of nowhere, taking Mr. Yagami off guard.

"You think I'll believe it!?" Light's father, gritted his teeth.

L kept calm, as always, before replying, "Except for the few members of the taskforce, Light is the only one who has seen my face. He is the only one who is not a member of the taskforce, but still knows my identity."

Mr. Yagami sighed in frustration and grunted, "But L isn't your real name! You never revealed your name at all! And kira needs one to kill people, doesn't he?!..."

"But who knows which method kira and second kira come up with. If they have the power to kill people only with their names and faces, it's only a matter if time before they start killing them off, by only seeing their faces...." He shrugged, grabbing two sugarcubes from a container.

At this, Mr. Yagami couldn't say anything and left.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○

*The next day, at 4:00 pm*

Light entered the warehouse. Rust and dust was only he could see there.
His sharp gaze turned from right to left, in search of any type of envelope and package.
His eyes landed on a dark corner.

There it is.

A brown envelope that was kept neat and clean, as if someone kept it just a while ago.

He quickly took it and headed out of the warehouse, in a hurry, so that, no one could see him.

But....

Little did he know.....

Y/n stood there, with a sinister smile on her face.

She watched Light, taking the envelop and going out of the warehouse.

Warehouse no. 5...

"Light yagami... is kira."

Dark laughed like a maniac, floating above her. He was getting a top notch entertainment with this girl. He liked it.

"Spot on!"

"That's why you kept laughing whenever I was with Light?... "
She giggled.

My plan started, when I sent an audio tape to the Sakura TV station, as K.

My message didn't meant for the taskforce...

It specifically was for Kira, who was working with L.

So that, Kira would hear this message.

And I knew, upon hearing this message, Kira and only Kira would come in this warehouse, before that given time, so that he could get the package himself, and remove all the evidences that could harm his identity.

As predicted, Light came.

I gave the time of 5pm, but he came 1 hour before, to get it.

Kira...

After all...

You fell right into my trap.

"By now, he would have told the second kira to use shinigami eyes for extra protection..." She muttered.

"If Light is kira, then, the second kira might be someone who is close to him, but he's using him/her... "