8. Facade

*At the taskforce*

"I don't know why I'm still a suspect, when I've done everything it takes to prove myself innocent!" Light clenched his jaw, slamming his fist on the table, making the pile of files shatter.

L's face remained unbothered, as he sized the pastry, kept on his desk. He brought his thumb up to his lips, as he replied, "I don't see why you have to prove yourself, anyway. What you have to do is just go with the flow, and if you aren't kira, it'll eventually be proved so."

Light could only sigh in frustration, dropping himself on the chair beside, and focusing on the computer.

Matsuda entered the facility with a tensed face, as he eyed every member present in the headquarters.

"Chief! I've got a bad news!"

Everyone's attention glued on the man.

"What is it, Matsuda?" Mr. Yagami asked, standing up from his seat, taking a few steps forward.

"Turn on Sakura TV!" He said, as one of them switched to Sakura TV, in an instant.

The channel soon turned on and a rough black letter 'K' appeared on the screen, with a white background.

Everyone stared at the TV in silence, as anticipation grew with each passing second.
A voice soon engulfed the silence, that came from the TV.

"Greetings to whoever is listening this. But, I'm one hundred percent sure that L is all ears to hear what i have to say. L, this is specifically for you..."

Everyone tensed up on their positions, listening to the anonymous person's words.
Especially, Light was in the worse condition.

"I... am K. Let's get to the point. The thing is, I want you, L, to listen to my words carefully. I have what it takes to catch kira..."

Everyone's eyes widened, as some of them even gasped.
Light's eyes darkened, as he spat, "This is absolutely a lame prank! Such a waste of time!

"It's not some kind of prank I'm pulling, if that's what you're thinking of."

"To prove you that I, infact, can help you find the real kira. I'll be sending a package in the abandoned warehouse in the outskirts of the city. It may contain that is something very...very useful to you, L"

Light's gaze met with L's, before turning towards the TV again.
The brunette's jaw clenched at the 'K'.

What does this person want?

It's probably not Misa.

I will find you, K.

"Just a little reminder for anyone other than L, to not mess in my business. Otherwise, I might kill you!" The voice finished off, followed by a sinister giggle.

The letter disappeared from the TV, as the reporter started rambling about the audio tape sent to them by someone who's identity is anonymous.

L tilted his head, as his blank eyes remained the same.

Is this 'K' trying to help us, or is it kira's another plan?

His eyes roamed around Light's face, before facing the TV again. Everyone else was in sheer confusion to how and why this third person came into play.

What was their potential motive?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

~°•°•°•°•°•°•°~

L or light?