Fuck around and find out.

The following chapter deals with homopobic and racist rants. I don't believe in any of it, but for the sake of this chapter to make sense, I had to put it in. Reader discretion is advised.

My emotions were still in Flux. But unlike the day before, it wasn't so chaotic. It didn't help matter that Ric is helping me train at the crack of dawn.Under the dappled shade of the courtyard's trees, the sound of the wooden swords echoed through the air. My brow furrowed in concentration, clashed swords with Ric. My aunt had enlisted his help to channel my tumultuous emotions into something productive, fearing that the storm brewing within me would soon break free.

"Focus, Cassandra!" Ric commanded as he parried her strike with practiced ease.

I gritted my teeth, my knuckles white as i gripped my sword tighter. I knew my aunt meant well, but the suffocating weight of my emotions felt inescapable. The turbulent mixture of anger, sadness, and fear threatened to consume me, even as i struggled to contain it.

"Again!" Ric ordered, his voice firm yet patient. He understood my inner turmoil and hoped that through discipline and dedication, i would learn to harness my emotions and wield them as a source of strength rather than a burden.

My cheeks flushed as i turned to Ric, my tone carrying a mix of defiance and gratitude. "You know, just because you're dating my aunt doesn't mean this is your responsibility."

Ric, my teacher couldn't help but chuckle, amused by my spirited response. "Yeah, I know," he replied. "But I wanted to consider it my 'I forgot to give you a birthday present' make-up gift."

I shook my head in exasperation, a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. They stopped sparring for a moment, sitting down to catch their breath. "You know, I'm surprised you're talking to me," i confessed. "I thought you'd be mad that I didn't save Isabel."

Sam's gaze softened as he looked at her. "What do you mean?" he asked, feigning ignorance.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I just figured you'd be upset with me for not being able to help her."

Ric smiled, a hint of sadness in his expression. "You know, I thought I would be too, but i am most worried," he admitted. " But I didn't when I heard that she had died , I think a part of me was relieved. For what I don't know.

I nodded my head because I understood. " I think you are relieved because a part of you had already mourned her, and you were just relive to mourn her again, at least to my understanding . I'm still getting used to having my emotions back.

" Yeah, I have seen that look before. I get what you are going through . I may not get have a full grasp on the whole supernatural 😉 things that are going on, but emotions I get . He tried to reassure me.

My gaze turned quizzical as she studied her teacher. "How could you possibly understand how I'm feeling?" I questioned him, skepticism evident in my tone.

Ric paused for a moment, his expression pensive. "Let me see if I can put it into words," he began, his voice gentle. "Even though everyone thinks you have everything under control, when you look in the mirror, you don't like what you see. And if it wasn't for the fact that alcohol doesn't affect you, I'd dare say you might have been a bigger alcoholic than me."

My eyes widened in surprise, a mixture of shock and amusement dancing across my features. I began to laugh uncontrollably, the unexpected insight from my teacher catching her off guard. Through my laughter, i managed to speak, "You're not wrong there, Ric.

Ric grinned, his own laughter joining hers. "I've been around the block a few times, Cassandra and Plus Jenna has been taken me to therapy. And trust me, you're not alone in feeling that way."