There goes the neighborhood.

My chair creaked as she turned to face Klaus, my glare piercing through the air like a dagger. Elena sat between them, her gaze flitting nervously between the siblings, while Elijah observed the scene with a resigned sigh.

"At this point," i spat, "I think I need to invent a Mikaelson repellent."

Klaus, seemingly unperturbed by my hostility, chuckled in amusement. "And why do you need to invent something like that, love?"

My glare intensified, my words dripping with venom. "Because you seem to be allergic to the words 'fuck off.'"

The tension in the air was palpable, the animosity between Cassandra and Klaus threatening to ignite into a full-blown conflict. Elena shifted uneasily in her seat, acutely aware of the volatile dynamic unfolding before her, while Elijah braced himself for what was to come.

Elijah, having reached his limit, stepped in to defuse the situation. "Niklaus, enough," he scolded, his tone leaving no room for argument. Turning to Cassandra, he used the name she told him to address her by name that held both power and darkness. "Miss Pandora, forgive my younger brother's rudeness and mine. We did not mean to disturb your day, but a situation has arisen that requires your attention."

I was sensing the shift in the conversation, feigned innocence. "Oh?" I asked, batting her eyelashes with mock curiosity. Despite my act, i was well aware of the reason for their intrusion—the affliction that had befallen Rebekah - and the possibility that my own powers might hold the key to saving her.

"Oh, and what problem is so dire that you have to interrupt my sister and me?" I asked, my tone dripping with indifference. Despite the urgency in Elijah's words, i seemed unaffected, almost bored by the intrusion.

Klaus observed Cassandra's nonchalant demeanor, his frustration mounting as he realized that her indifference was not a facade. Her eyes, typically filled with fire and passion, were now cold and detached. The apathy she displayed was a stark contrast to the fear and admiration he was accustomed to receiving from others.

Irritation bloomed in Klaus's heart, for he was unaccustomed to being dismissed so casually. His ego bristled at the notion that someone could be so unaffected by his presence, so uninterested in currying favor with him. The indifference in Cassandra's gaze bothered him more than he cared to admit, a thorn in his side that he was determined to remove.

Elijah began to explain the dire situation, his tone heavy with concern. "Our sister seems to be dying, which is odd, since she is an original, and nothing can harm us."

To everyone's surprise, i burst into laughter, my mirth echoing through the tense atmosphere. Even Elena regarded me with a puzzled expression, unsure of what could have possibly provoked such a reaction.

"Have I said something funny?" Elijah asked, his own frustration mounting as he saw the indifference on Cassandra's face.

"Sorry, I'm not laughing at you," i replied, a cruel smile playing at my lips. "It's just that I thought the delusional thing was Klaus's shtick, not yours. Considering the fact that you saw me blow up Klaus and then bring him back, for you to say that nothing can harm an original is funny to me."

Her words hung in the air, a cold reminder of Cassandra's formidable power and her complicated history with the Mikaelson family. Elijah clenched his jaw, the weight of the truth settling upon his shoulders as he grappled with the reality that their indestructibility may not be as absolute as they once believed.

My gaze shifted, focusing on Elijah word on how  Rebekah is suffering. My expression morphed into something akin to pride as i observed my adversary's resilience. "Huh, she's still breathing," Cassandra mused, her tone almost impressed. "I would have thought she'd slit her own throat to stop the pain. She's more resilient than I thought."